Road Conditions ~

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
We've had a tremendous amount of rain this past year and the roads are starting to give it up. Lots of potholes and debris. I always tend to ride back enough to avoid these issues. I have a buddy who likes to ride in the center of the lane. He says this gives him two ways to go in case of trouble. I've always stayed out of the center thinking glass, tacks, metal strips, etc. collect there. Just saying keep an eye out.................

We've had a tremendous amount of rain this past year and the roads are starting to give it up. Lots of potholes and debris. I always tend to ride back enough to avoid these issues. I have a buddy who likes to ride in the center of the lane. He says this gives him two ways to go in case of trouble. I've always stayed out of the center thinking glass, tacks, metal strips, etc. collect there. Just saying keep an eye out.................

Nice 'lil reminder Robert :thumbsup:

I tend to ride toward the left side myself. Direct center is greasy and can get real nasty w/ any moisture or on a real hot day.

Nice 'lil reminder Robert :thumbsup:

I tend to ride toward the left side myself. Direct center is greasy and can get real nasty w/ any moisture or on a real hot day.

I prefer the left side also. I've always followed the belief that most cagers, not all, will not run over something in their tire area so I tend to observe where the cars ahead are rolling. On I-95 to and from work, the congestion doesn't really allow for a crystal clear view ahead, so watching the knuckleheads 4 or 5 car lengths ahead really helps.

Here in Florida(south fl) we don't experience the freeze/thaw process which accounts for a lot of the pothole process but we certainly have an abundance of road debris. My things are, stay focused, look ahead not just directly in front, and enjoy the ride!!

I try to stay left most of the time but prefer no cars in front of me when I can. I hate when a pot hole or debri shows up under a car when riding too close... learned that is a bad thing a long time ago. Thanks for the heads up... we have had a ton of rain here also. It's raining now and washing the salt away..:thumbsup:

I SHIFT GEARS ON A PORTABLE GAS STATION ALL WEEK.
whoops sorry 4 caps) Road conditions 1 most important things keep in mind.
I got loose little sideways action on snowpacked road last week.
my bad going 2 fast 4 road conditions.

I ride around in the cage during early spring on my most popular routes looking to see where the road has been torn up. People here don't know how to properly use a snow plow. I have seen man-hole covers missing. That would be an ouch!

We've had a lot of rain here too, but usually not enough freezing in the winter to do a lot of damage to the roads. Seem to get more edge of the road deterioration than anything. I usually ride to the left too and don't stay behind cars for long (:laugh:), so don't get many surprises. Gotta watch for an occasional gravel strip washed out of a driveway, but the biggest problem year around, is the ever present Deer population. Had more pucker moments dodging critters than about anything else.

Back