No Sunday Ride!

likeapuma

Registered
I know most of you won't feel bad for me, as you're stuck in cold weather. Started my 4 day weekend at the E.R on Friday w/ my wife complaining of stabbing pains in her abdomen...found out she has a kidney stone :( I can't bring myself to ride when she's stuck at home in pain...so looks like I'll spend it trolling the forums :p

I know most of you won't feel bad for me, as you're stuck in cold weather. Started my 4 day weekend at the E.R on Friday w/ my wife complaining of stabbing pains in her abdomen...found out she has a kidney stone :( I can't bring myself to ride when she's stuck at home in pain...so looks like I'll spend it trolling the forums :p

Sorry bro, about you not getting to ride all weekend. Hope your wife recovers quickly from this, with as little pian and discomfort as is possible.

I have had a couple of Kidney Stone episodes in the last year. The fastest relief I found to pass the stone was to walk... Yes, the act of walking exerts a constant vibration and jarring that facilitates the progress of the stone through the ureter into the bladder. This phase is where the real pain is. Actually excreting the stone while urinating was not painful at all for me. You need to take you wife for a long walk and possibly incorporate some side bend exercise to coax the stone down the path as it flexes. And, don't forget to push fluids like crazy until this episode passes.

Trust me on this.. I spent a very short period of time in pain during both occasions because I went for a long walk which ended the pain for me.

Back