Cell phone service questions

ibified

Registered
So Sprint has pissed us off for the last time, and we have an opportunity to get out of our contract with them.

ANyone have any input on who would be good to go with? We're looking for around 700 minutes a month with two phones.

Verizon ALL The way. Been with for over 13 years, Never an issue or if I did, never went unresolved............... Largest coverage area, reasonable rates.

AT&T or Verizon. I've been with Cingular/AT&T for over 10 years and know real problems to speak of.

Verizon ALL The way. Been with for over 13 years, Never an issue or if I did, never went unresolved............... Largest coverage area, reasonable rates.

I 100% agree! As I too will have been w/ Verizon for 13yrs this May.

However...that being said, it comes at a price. They have the most expensive plans out there and their equipment is a bit behind most of the competition in terms of technology IMO.

Andrew...if funds are still tight buddy, I highly recommend you look at T-Mobile's new price plans. They are no joke compared to everyone elses right now. And all alomst all of them offer a two phone deal. Yeah, yeah....their coverage may not be as robust as Verizon or AT&T, but unless you live in the sticks or plan on being on the road all time w/ your phones....the coverage is more then adequate.

Just lookin' out for ya :thumbsup:

I 100% agree! As I too will have been w/ Verizon for 13yrs this May.

However...that being said, it comes at a price. They have the most expensive plans out there and their equipment is a bit behind most of the competition in terms of technology IMO.

Andrew...if funds are still tight buddy, I highly recommend you look at T-Mobile's new price plans. They are no joke compared to everyone elses right now. And all alomst all of them offer a two phone deal. Yeah, yeah....their coverage may not be as robust as Verizon or AT&T, but unless you live in the sticks or plan on being on the road all time w/ your phones....the coverage is more then adequate.

Just lookin' out for ya :thumbsup:

I have been with T-Mobile for several years and I have no complaints. Good prices, good phones. Service can be spotty in the sticks but I rarely notice.

I've tried 'em all and Verizon works the best for me--best coverage. I don't know if they're the cheapest, but I don't have any complaints. I only wish I could use an iPhone with them--I really want an iPhone!!! LOL

If you have US Cellular, I use them. Free incoming calls and text message at any time. Best coverage and never had an issue they did not resolve for me immediately. Do not use AT&T/Cingular, my mother works for those crooks and their customer service sucks! The only good thing about them is their phones, the will replace a defective or damaged phone, US Cellular makes you mail it back to them for repair. I wish we could combine US Cellulars customer service with AT&T equipment program and then we would have something.

If I'm not mistaken T-Mobile roams off AT&T towers - they're both GSM so coverage on T-Mob should mimic AT&T. Sprint is PCS, and Verizon/US Cell/ and many of the other providers out there are CDMA so they can use each others towers. I'm not sure if USCellular is in your area but they might be another to check out - should be slightly under Verizon's pricing and I know a lot of people on the board use them.

I can't afford anything but Sprint. The wife blows up the phone like there's no tomorrow and their unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile saves my tail from paying what would likely be almost a grand a month. She use to average about 5000-5500 peak minutes a month and the overage buckets added up to about $400/month. Now we pay $120 month for both of our lines with no further need for additional buckets thanks to the M2AM program and she's free to blow up the minutes as much as she wants which as of late has been 7000+/month peak. It's ridiculous, I use maybe 50 mins each month. :laugh: Sorry to hear they're not working out for you.

I've had Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T. T-Mobile had the worst coverage. Sitting in my house I had no service. AT&T and Verizon gave me full service out here in the boonies. The only reason I switched to AT&T from Verizon was because I have their internet and home phone, and I really wanted an iPhone.

If I'm not mistaken T-Mobile roams off AT&T towers - they're both GSM so coverage on T-Mob should mimic AT&T. Sprint is PCS, and Verizon/US Cell/ and many of the other providers out there are CDMA so they can use each others towers. I'm not sure if USCellular is in your area but they might be another to check out - should be slightly under Verizon's pricing and I know a lot of people on the board use them.

I can't afford anything but Sprint. The wife blows up the phone like there's no tomorrow and their unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile saves my tail from paying what would likely be almost a grand a month. She use to average about 5000-5500 peak minutes a month and the overage buckets added up to about $400/month. Now we pay $120 month for both of our lines with no further need for additional buckets thanks to the M2AM program and she's free to blow up the minutes as much as she wants which as of late has been 7000+/month peak. It's ridiculous, I use maybe 50 mins each month. :laugh: Sorry to hear they're not working out for you.

::11

My goodness! Does she find time to squeeze in a "hello honey" to you each day?
:laugh:

Verizon! My wife and i spent 3 years with those snakes and the billing was an ongoing problem. They love adding extra things hoping you dont find it. Drop calls are a thing of the past with verizon. We couldnt be happier but they are expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've tried 'em all and Verizon works the best for me--best coverage. I don't know if they're the cheapest, but I don't have any complaints. I only wish I could use an iPhone with them--I really want an iPhone!!! LOL
verizon will have the i-phones soon

I think it depends on your area as well. $100 / month 3 phones, nation wide, texting, free nights and weekends, cell to cell. Alltel ............. you can't get service in my county on the rest.

It really depends on where you are and where you expect your phone to work at; in the major cities it's proabably a wash and price becomes the primary point. Outside the cities T-Mobile and Sprint both suck and it comes down to ATT or Verizon. My wife likes Verizon and won't change. I have an iPhone so it's ATT for me. I really LOVE my iPhone. If you want a data phone that does email/gps/phone/internet it's nearly unbeatable and everyone else is just playing catchup. If you just want good phone service coverage I'd proabably recommend Verizon. I wouldn't count on ATT getting iPhone I think ATT is going to pay a ton of money to Apple to keep exclusivity.

BUT, think you need to check with people in your local service area to see which one has the best coverage.

Back