*WaRNING* IF YOU BANK WITH CHASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS NOW...

Meta title: chase bank

tdrcomm

Donating Member
Registered
*WaRNING* IF YOU BANK WITH CHASE CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS NOW... Something has screwed up with the Chase computer system and they've been double dipping on some ATM transactions. So far they've debited a purchase I made at Office Depot Monday TWICE and I've got 7 NSF charges so far @ $33 a piece and counting, and transactions are out of calendar order. They said everything should be fixed by this evening, but... check your accounts anyway!

Transaction take place in order they are submitted by the retailer not the order they were made. Why I use cash. Had this problem several times with a motel I was staying in while working.

Thanks for the heads up but story doesn't sound all there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Transaction take place in order they are submitted by the retailer not the order they were made. Why I use cash. Had this problem several times with a motel I was staying in while working.

Posted via Mobile Device

I know about the retailer submission thing. This is a double debit problem and I guess during the fix items that had posted days earlier went away and came back during the update with today's date but without a running balance next to them, almost like a placeholder.

Now everything after the double debit is showing "pending" and all but two of the NFS's are gone. I would count it as a glitch in the on-line banking site but when you call in to the bank (or go to the branch like I did) their computers are reading the same, and Chase changed their automated phone message to one telling everyone they know there's a problem and they're working to fix it.

I know about the retailer submission thing. This is a double debit problem and I guess during the fix items that had posted days earlier went away and came back during the update with today's date but without a running balance next to them, almost like a placeholder.

Now everything after the double debit is showing "pending" and all but two of the NFS's are gone. I would count it as a glitch in the on-line banking site but when you call in to the bank (or go to the branch like I did) their computers are reading the same, and Chase changed their automated phone message to one telling everyone they know there's a problem and they're working to fix it.

I see. I have a couple loans with them but no branch where I live so no accts with them.

Frustrating when the eletronics don't wanna mind. There was a gas station that would doublt charge if you paid at the pump. Shid happens. At least they recognize admit and try to fix it.

Hope all works out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm good but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wonder where that happened:whistle:

That really sucks. Hopefully they get the issue fixed soon. It's a PITA dealing with banks some times. :poke:

Back