Solution to our problems!

Samm

Registered
The Fix

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg Fl. Times. The Business Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

I think this guy nailed it!
_____

Dear Mr President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

That solution actually circulated long before the "stimulus pay off my pals plan" that our President already implemented... clearly he feels that our money needs to go elsewhere...especially when you consider with the money handed out so far every man woman and child in the United States right now (even illegal) could have had a cool lump sum to spend on cars, houses, college and any other thing...if that would not have boosted the economy I don't know what would have. WE are not what matters to this collective group of politicians...does that give you a warm fuzzy feeling about voting for them?

create 40 milion "millionaires" and see how much the cost of a loaf of bread would rise! (or anything else for that matter. The cost of living in any given area varies greatly due to what the market will bear. Once the demographics are analyzed and one area finds they have alot of over 40 peeps..up goes the cost of everything.

If you could retire at the age of 50 with 1 million dollars with having to buy a house buy a new car. Then damn you already have money saved up.

Most people wouldnt know what to do with 1mil cash at 1 time. Most would spend it all the first year on things they don't need and not save anything. Plus the taxes for that one year in income would KILL them.

BAD idea.

Giving the money to the people would be to easy for the govenrment. The reason for it being easy is it is the smart thing to do!! :thumbsup:

Solution to our problems.

crazyfrog3nk.jpg

Back