In a completely neutral tone I ask...

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone tell me why the news orgs and the Govt have no problem showing hundreds of innocent dead Haitians on the TV when while at the same time as they try to continue support for war in the two theaters they never show any close up similar pics of our dead enemies over there ?

Again I have done what I can for the Haitians and I have done yrs of service in a non mil fashion for our troops. I ask this just to pose the thought.

These are innocent folks caught in a time of strife. We dont need to see their dead bodies lined up to know they need all the help they can get BUT
at the same time our sons and daughters are in Iraq and Afg fighting the enemy whom when killed is never shown ?

Is that backwards to anyone else.
Should the innocent not be given respect and our enemy shown ?

That's what I thought.
Nobody can explain why we show dead innocents who persish in natural disasters and not the blood drawn in war upon our enemies .

Oh, I can. If they show the dead bodies, it theoretically makes us want to send money to help them. It also acts as propaganda so that we dont blow a gasket over the $100M that Obama wants to send them for relief.

Then by the same reasoning why would they not show you the bodies of people we have killed in war to justify it ?

its all about propaganda......

the media wants to show the pitures to gain ratings. the gov. has no risk in showing bodies they are not responsible for, in fact it may be a positive for thier aid efforts. nobody is going to look at those bodies and use it against them, or question thier actions.

however on the other hand, the desire to show dead soldiers can hurt.....and the way the media was/is openly anti bush, it would most definately have been used against the administration.

no administration wins if the nightly news has pictures of flag draped coffins as the lead story.

while i am not sure I agree with this policy, i understand the reasons behind it. I think that part of the blame has to be place upon the actual media outlets themselves. if i felt i could trust any news channel with the pictures i might feel different.

i do not like "the troops" used to support or further your political ideaology....and we all know guys like Olberman, Madow, Limbaugh and the like would not be able to control themselves.

its all about propaganda......

the media wants to show the pitures to gain ratings. the gov. has no risk in showing bodies they are not responsible for, in fact it may be a positive for thier aid efforts. nobody is going to look at those bodies and use it against them, or question thier actions.

however on the other hand, the desire to show dead soldiers can hurt.....and the way the media was/is openly anti bush, it would most definately have been used against the administration.

no administration wins if the nightly news has pictures of flag draped coffins as the lead story.

Yeppas~!~

no offense meant just wondering.
I have no 'idealology' other than the American one.
Just dont think it right to show poor folks that have just perished and keep the wars so clean.

no offense meant just wondering.
I have no 'idealology' other than the American one.
Just dont think it right to show poor folks that have just perished and keep the wars so clean.

my post was not directed at you....i can see where my choice of words may have been mistaken...my use of the word "your" was meant to refer to anyone using the the military to promote thier views and politics.

sorry for my poor choice of words.

Understood...
Still dont get why they would not show dead terrorists but now CNN is showing live some 11yr old girl screaming bloody murder as her leg is cut off to free her...

Guys kill our sons and daughters and die doing it but dont get shown on the tube..???
Seems like we should leave Taliban head spikes wherever we go and show it on CNN is all.

Well the bush administration didn't show any dead soldiers because they didn't want reality to hit home with Americans. Hearing about our American soldiers dieing is a lot different then seeing it. It plays on the mind when you see a dead soldier that is American laying motionless or injured. It just wan'ts in their favor to show these images. I give respect to President Obama for changing this ban which allowed families to decide for themselves whether to allow the media access.

The reason they show Haitians laying on the streets perishing is because the majority of Americans have a mind set of they aren't like us. It’s sad really, but that’s how it is for the majority of us.

Understood...
Still dont get why they would not show dead terrorists but now CNN is showing live some 11yr old girl screaming bloody murder as her leg is cut off to free her...

Guys kill our sons and daughters and die doing it but dont get shown on the tube..???
Seems like we should leave Taliban head spikes wherever we go and show it on CNN is all.

Simple........bad PR for America to show what our weapons are doing to the 100's of thousands of locals and enemy fighters. Humanitarian issues I think are a little different but some news orgs can walk the line of exploiting the suffering while some just try to provide as many pictures and words from the scene so we know what's happening.

Dont want to see any dead Americans.
I want to see the people our American soldiers are killing, OUR ENEMY .
Dont need to see lots of them but just a few select good ones..
No they dont even show you the afterdeath pics of terrorist leaders we kill with drone attacks like they were doing less than 2 yrs ago..
I would like to see up close pics of dead Taliban so I can yell at the TV to their dead bodies
'That's what you get when you F with the US of A !'
I have been paying for and supporting the wars since day one and by not seeing that I am getting robbed of the glory our troops have earned.
We at home deserve to see how diff it is to earn the Freedom we hold so dear.

Last edited:
I would like to see up close pics of dead Taliban so I can yell at the TV to their dead bodies
I have been paying for and supporting the wars since day one and by not seeing that I am getting robbed of the glory our troops have earned.

Our soldiers are honorably doing their duty and I support them 100%, but there is no glory in war.

Last edited:
Dont need to see lots of them but just a few select good ones..
No they dont even show you the afterdeath pics of terrorist leaders we kill with drone attacks like they were doing less than 2 yrs ago..

But Americans should hold ourself to a higher standard, the enemy and it's media outlets broadcast the mutilated dead Americans and it was a tuff pill to swallow in the States, those outlets were heavily criticized, it would be hypocritical for American outlets to turn around and do the same thing.

With that said you can always search the web for all the raw footage to satisfy the need to yell at the dead bodies :laugh:

Understood...

I think that there is actually something in the Geneva convention about the display of dead "enemy combatants"

would have to dig into it but I know that somewhere there is something about it in the ROE stuff....

Hmmm good point Bogus.

I just remember seeing the one guy we were after for so long in Iraq after we got him with a drone strike.
Cant remember his name but now all you hear is that they killed some bad guys and now back to you Bob.

i am a little tired of the

"america should hold ourslves to a higher standard"

that works at home and while searching the internet..........

but i would rather let the men carrying the rifles handle thier business and come home, than handcuff them with rules and standards set by people watching the war on tv.

it may seem harsh to some, but i personally would rather kill 100 enemy and civilians....if it meant a few young americans soldier were able to come home safe.

Back