White noise.

notright

I'm the Pugh take a wiff
Donating Member
Registered
A lot of people like to have some kind of background noise when they go to sleep. Either it's too quiet or to mask barking dogs and traffic noise. So, during a brain fart I thought It would be cool if Sirius or XM had white noise channels like the thunder storm channel or the ocean channel. I was wondering what some of the members here would like to have on a white noise channel.

The sounds of waves gently crashing on the beach.
Little 2-3 foot rollers.
I can fall asleep faster to that than anything.
I get the best naps on the beach when I go.

The sounds of country woods with crickets and bugs. no cars, no sirens(like my street)
Or an afternoon sound in the country with the birds chirping and stuff.

I cannot sleep no matter what on airplanes.

Last edited:
The sounds of waves gently crashing on the beach.
Little 2-3 foot rollers.
I can fall asleep faster to that than anything.
I get the best naps on the beach when I go.

The sounds of country woods with crickets and bugs. no cars, no sirens(like my street)
Or an afternoon sound in the country with the birds chirping and stuff.

I cannot sleep no matter what on airplanes.

Dude...me either! Drives me nuts! :banghead:

As far as the white noise...I have to have some subtle kind of it for me to doze off. The light sound of a small fan works best for me.

you don't want white noise it will put you in a violent mood...you want pink noise..its what sound engineers use when setting up there sound systems...basically is all 32 channels on the eq turned up real load untill a microphone reads each one and then averages all the setting so that every frequency is at the same level.....try that in your sleep...:laugh: ...i have a mp3 file for pink and white noise..if you want it, you can burn to cd

I can't sleep in dead silence!! I HAVE to have a fan on low. Unless it's raining then I just crack a window. I think my problem is caused by growing up in Pismo Beach. Cracking a window and sleeping to the sound of the ocean for 15 years of my life kinda spoiled me. :poke:

My wife has to have some noise, she uses a fan and has all 3 of our boys hooked on having noise so they all have Homedics clocks that make 6 different sounds (rain forest, rain, ocean, etc). When they all 3 have the rain forest one going it sounds like a freaking jungle when I get home at night. :laugh:

you don't want white noise it will put you in a violent mood...you want pink noise..its what sound engineers use when setting up there sound systems...basically is all 32 channels on the eq turned up real load untill a microphone reads each one and then averages all the setting so that every frequency is at the same level.....try that in your sleep...:laugh: ...i have a mp3 file for pink and white noise..if you want it, you can burn to cd

Remember the old vacume tube amps ? I love the sound they make when they are turned up and don't have any input yet. BURRRRRRRRRRR sounds like something really cool is going to be heard at any second.

Using a fan here. During the winter it's awful though, since no matter what direction, it creates a draft. ???

Seriously, I have a nice Vornado fan (Bed,Bath & Beyond) that I sleep with. I have to have the breeze & the noise. If anyone has one, then you know they put out some serious air. Will blow any box fan out of the water!! They aren't cheap, $80 bucks, OUCH. But I sleep good.

:whistle:

It has to be silent for me to sleep.. The slighest noise will keep me from faling asleep. But once asleep you could park a air plane in my back yard and i would never know. Heck i slept throug half of Hurricane Hugo.

In NYC, if you cant sleep with noise, you gotta move.

We gotcha white noise, black noise, Chinese noise, your Italian noise (in my own home :alcoholic:4) NYPD / FDNY noise...

And some difficult to identify smells too. :cookoo:

:laugh: :laugh:

:beerchug: :beerchug:

Back