When Iguanas fall from trees in Florida...

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
It means ITS COLD DOWN HERE !
I walked outside this morn with Rosie to let her do her biz and heard a commotion and then a thud !
Little guy fell right out if the tree in my back yard.
Chilled into hibernation I hope.
I picked him up and he did not even move.
Only good sign is his eyes are closed and usually when they die the eyes stay open.
Anyway I wrapped him in a towel,set him in the sun and said a prayer.
We'll see if he is still there later after it warms up.

Sleepy Iguana.JPG

Sleepy Iguana2.JPG

Sleepy Iguana3.JPG

Outlawbusa yours I am guessing is a pet.
I thought about something like that but realized when he does come to he is gonna wanna GO !
So I just wrapped him up.
Its gonna get up to 65 today it should bring him back

"Man killed by falling lizard"

you just gotta love how he turned "brown" to blend in with the dirt/ground :laugh:

time to collect them suckers for export in the "Pet" trade :)

if he is like other reptiles, he needs external heat put him on or in a "black" blanky :rofl:

we had an occasional snake or lizard crawl out on the ice at the ice rink in Tempe.. (Oceanside ice rink) and we just put them out on the back parking lot to thaw out.. none ever died..

Last edited:
He aint hard and is still soft.
Cant tell if he is slowly breathin or not.
The sun is trying to break thru and by noon or so it should be sunny and 60 something so we will see.

Heat rocks and lamps give them the necessary heat indoors... be careful that the thing doesn't scratch you or take a bite out of your hand should it come back in action.

2 PM and nada....
I put him on the back of my daughters wake board which is black.
Temp is up in the mid sixties with bright sun.
I think 10 days below 40 got the best of him.
Oh well guess hes Coon food now !

And OutlawBusa Rosie is my Guard Chihuahua.
She was trained in Germany for 3 yrs..
If I say 'toe' in german WATCH OUT ! :rofl:

Rosie says GRRRR !.JPG

Heat rocks and lamps give them the necessary heat indoors... be careful that the thing doesn't scratch you or take a bite out of your hand should it come back in action.
they do? and they can?

Poor little guy. He looked pretty young too. If the cold didn't kill him then I am sure the fall did. These guy's cant handle long drops I didn't think. Can they? ???

He was probably drunk. You know you shouldnt drink and climb trees its dangerous and he payed a steep price. Smell his breath probably stinks of tequilia to get to the worm at the bottom.??????

I'd say if it was going to hibernate it would do so somewhere other than a tree branch.

The rock you plug in and let it do its thing...good for snakes and other reptiles.

heatrock.jpg

Back