Bahamas

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
Any one been? The family and I fly out tuesday @ 9 on the dot(supposedly) from baltimore. What are the have to do's there? The daughter already have a snorkle trip planned. We will be there through sunday. Any suggestions, we are all ears.
Posted via Mobile Device

Been there twice. We stayed at The Atlantis both times. Threre's a bunch of water related stuff to do there. My daughter only wanted to be in the pool and the beach so thats mostly what we did.

The Straw Market is fun, everyone trying to sell you the same knock offs. My wife buys a purse or 3 every time. I wanted to Para-Sail, but the wife backed out. The marina by the Atlantis has some nice shops, HUGE yachts, and expensive pizza!

yea, everything is is US Dollars. Our last trip we were there for 4 days/5 nights and spent most of the time between the beach and pool relaxing. The lazy river is great, get on a tube and just float around for an hour or so.

I dont remember seeing anywhere to rent stuff at the Atlantis, but maybe in town. You can rent jet ski's at the beach at the Atlantis, they have the banana boats and para-sailing from there also. I wouldnt want to drive there tho. They drive on the left there. I was told that for real shopping deals, you need to get away from the main street on Nassau, where the cruise ships are. We never did tho. We were just there this summer, my daughter was 6 so she was only interested in playing in the sand and the pool. She made some little kid friends there and played all day.

Dont know about this time of year, but suncreeen is your friend in July.

Yeah I ment in town, I am the explorer type, so i wanna see the whole island. Is it safe enough for that?

I was in Haiti from Oct through April, so I am assuming it will be near about the same temps as there since it is only about 200 miles away......

Yeah I ment in town, I am the explorer type, so i wanna see the whole island. Is it safe enough for that?

I think so. But maybe ask around at the airport, or at the Atlantis to be sure. I dont think it's like Jamaica.

I was in Haiti from Oct through April, so I am assuming it will be near about the same temps as there since it is only about 200 miles away......

Looks like 70's during the day. It's was in the high 80's/low 90's in July.

We have been twice (cruise and Atlantis),do some snorkeling,jet ski (look for the best bargain don't get fooled by the guys) the pool at Atlantis is sweet.If you can rent a moped and ride to the other side of the island there are some nice fresh fish restaurants which the food is awesome,be careful with the cagers the drive like maniacs :poke:

my favorite island is Eleuthera--Ricardo coconut rum is the best--can't buy it in the states---

Looks like 70's during the day. It's was in the high 80's/low 90's in July.

July is the off season there. This is the prime time of the year to go to the Caribbean and I imagine that Jason is paying prime prices for it. The weather should be awesome.

The lazy river is the shizz! Can spend hours in there relaxing, letting my mind drift as far away from thoughts of the office as possible. :thumbsup: Rest if the time, digging my toes in the sand and reading a good book.

Enjoy your trip w/ the fam Jason :beerchug:

I been to the Atlantis. Take a cab for a harrowing experience! All the cagers drive like crazie people. I had hoped when i went i could rent a bike, but all there are is scooters. Be careful cuz the streets are narrow. I wont go back...wasnt impressed.

The reason people don't like the islands is cuz they come from a place where things happen instantly.
In the Bahamas everything is on Bahamian time Mon ! Relax and don't expect rapidity.

I have been to the Islands regularly and yearly .
Paradise Isle is great as well is Atlantis.
You will love the aquarium as well as the food.

It is safe and crime is very low over there.
The folks are mostly kind and happy to have you and your $.
You can rent scooters and cars and explore all over.
The island is nowhere near the size of Jamaica so you don't really have to worry about getting lost.

If you have any boating exp it is great to rent a little boat and explore some of the smaller local islands nearby.

The fishing and snorkeling can be second to none .
Any fish you catch can be brought back to the hotel and they will cook it for you for dinner .
You should have a great time.
I usually go over to Walkers a few times a yr with a group of boats .

Take more $ than you think you need cuz it is a little touristy and expensive.

Lastly we want pics.

Take more $ than you think you need cuz it is a little touristy and expensive.

Forgot to say that. Last time we bought the meal package (breakfast and lunch or dinner). They put a 19% charge for your meal onto you room tab, even though you've paid for it. Everything is over priced. I was drinkin Bahama Mama's at the pool to the tune of $10 a piece...

You can rent scooters alot of people get creamed on them. Don't wander off the main path at nite. Atlantis is cool but expensive. Found the people in Jamaica much more friendly.

Back