Anyone ever work on a crusie ship?

ditchdr

Registered
I got a letter from a medical staffing company today. Seems some of the bigger name cruise lines are going to do a trial run and puting 2 paramedics on board. Since we can do more then a RN can, it will save for having to have 2 Dr's on board and they can drop bck to one.. The gig is for 16 week rotations, food, lodging, and everything is providied. As well as our rooms are bigger as we are medical staff..

Anyone one here ever work for one? Pros? Cons? Would you do it again?

I got a letter from a medical staffing company today. Seems some of the bigger name cruise lines are going to do a trial run and puting 2 paramedics on board. Since we can do more then a RN can, it will save for having to have 2 Dr's on board and they can drop bck to one.. The gig is for 16 week rotations, food, lodging, and everything is providied. As well as our rooms are bigger as we are medical staff..

Anyone one here ever work for one? Pros? Cons? Would you do it again?

I had a friend that worked in an Art gallery for a Cruise line. He loved it for about the first year. After that he hated it. He said he got tired of seeing the same old stuff over and over again and he missed the rest of his family. Sounds like you would be doing it with a spouse so you may feel differently. I always thought I would like it since you would get to see many beautiful areas and meet lots of new people.

Never worked in one but have been on over a dozen cruises. From my own experience, MEDICAL is one of the departments that is most tucked away/hidden from the public eye.

Most likely cases include: gastrointestinal, cardiac, slips/falls/cuts/bruises, ETOH intoxication, syncope....should be a walk in the park for EMTs like you. Then again, could be stretches of boring/uneventful days.......might be tough for adrenaline junkies like EMTs though :)

Had a friend do it for about 18 months. He really, really liked it and had few morals...you should get the point...He was a head chef and did a lot of "private seminars". Got paid real well he said, just got bored after a while and started to see the same places and ppl

Heck yeah I would do it!! Would be a very impressive addition to your resume if anything! Might get tiring after several trips but so what... Nothing says it has to be permanent. :beerchug:

Only advice I could offer. Could be the chance of a lifetime to see places you never could or would want to visit. Probably pays well. But living away from home isn't for everyone. I live in motels, apts and whatever I can get into the cheapest. So your lifestyle will be diff from mine. But like I said it weighs on you after a while when you gone more than you are home. If you have kids it makes it harder.

But good luck. Hope you enjoy and all works out for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Help EMT I think I pulled my hamstring....can you massage it a bit sonny....:laugh:

Granny%20Cigar.jpg

I would jump on that.. Sounds like the experience of a lifetime and should be a very relaxing time.

Back