Wingdings trip to Russia

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
I spent a week in Moscow and two weeks in the Russian very Far East. My friend and his father are helicopter pilots. Alex needed to renew his license in Moscow so I tagged along. We then spent time with his family in Kamchatka. It was an amazing trip. I had a blast. The people were friendly, the food was outstanding and the girls were beautiful! Here is a sample of what it was like:

IMG_0297.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

CIMG4921.jpg

CIMG4916.jpg

CIMG4912.jpg

100_2019.jpg

100_2009.jpg

100_1984.jpg

100_1975.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Great shots! Love the seal, very interesting photo.
Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:
Bubba

wow, "Just tagged along" ?!?!? :rofl: what great shots!

so what was the general feeling of the country? I mean we hear some bad stuff here...

food? you ate local foods?

Sure would like to go there some day myself... congrats!

wow, "Just tagged along" ?!?!? :rofl: what great shots!

so what was the general feeling of the country? I mean we hear some bad stuff here...

food? you ate local foods?

Sure would like to go there some day myself... congrats!

It was totally opposite of what I was expecting. I felt safe and the people were friendly. I guess I was expecting to see drunks, homeless beggars and orphans based on what we see on TV. I saw none of the negative things I expected. The food was so good. Tasty Shish kebabs, salads, peroshki and even pizza. I traveled for 3 days by myself, without a translator all through the Moscow subway system. The "metro" was clean, fast and efficient. I will say that it is crazy expensive over there..... $7 for a cup of coffee and $25 for lunch. I wanted a sports suite that said "Russia" and it was $750!

Didnt see any of what CNN had brainwashed you into believing did you ?
Been to Russia a few times.You are correct. The Russian folks are some of the nicest folks you could meet. Just dont try to drink any of them under the table.
Awesome pics

Hey take a look at this . Haya01B made me think about it.
Its a bottle of Vodka in a bottle shaped like an AK47.
It was given to me by a friend a few yrs ago in Sophia, Bulgaria.
Dont even ask me how much it 'cost' me to get it home.
You know how many guys tried to confiscate it just because they wanted it for themselves ?
I had to grease about a dozen palms before I ever left Sophia !

various pics 101.jpg

Last edited:
I was there back in 93 I think for 2 months building houses. I likened it to New York in during prohibition. The USSR had just crumbled and the Russian mafia (KGB) was running everything. It was pretty scary, even saw someone get shot. $25 just for cover charge at any night club and they didn't open until 11 p.m.

I was there back in 93 I think for 2 months building houses. I likened it to New York in during prohibition. The USSR had just crumbled and the Russian mafia (KGB) was running everything. It was pretty scary, even saw someone get shot. $25 just for cover charge at any night club and they didn't open until 11 p.m.

Ya I think I a lot has changed since then. Now every little grandma and grandpa is walking around texting on their mobile phones. I had wifi everywhere and high speed internet access out in the boonies. Things have settle down and capitalism is catching on in a big way. There is a ton of opportunity all around.

Oh and cover is still $25 per head and the party does not start until 11! So not everything has changed! he he

Awesome pics man but it looked a little cold there. Oh yeah where are the beautiful girl pics :whistle:.

Awesome pics man but it looked a little cold there. Oh yeah where are the beautiful girl pics :whistle:.

You beat me to it:whistle:

Great pics:beerchug:

Blanca- I must have that!!!!

Haya01b-Thanks alot, now im gonna have to buy one of those, unless Blanca would like to "Pay-it-forward":laugh:

Last edited:
Back