David Berg and The Family

Projekt

Registered
I caught a documentary on VIASAT Explorer about David Berg and The Family, formerly known as Children of God.

Man, the stuff they were into was twisted. Incest, pedophilia etc..

I'll try to find some credible links..

Just wasted my time reading wiki. So what's the point ? or was it just a show that interested you ? Never heard of him or The Children of God, etc.

Just wasted my time reading wiki. So what's the point ? or was it just a show that interested you ? Never heard of him or The Children of God, etc.

Of course you haven't because they go by "The Family International" these days.
It was a very interesting show because it talked about an organization pushing some kind of godly message when they were behaving immorally.
I have met some of their missionaries in my travels and found them to be very dishonest about their purposes. They call themselves english teachers around these parts but the teachings quickly change into theological discussions. When confronted about being missionaries, they quickly retreat and ask you not to divulge that.
If you read into the homepage of the cult link, it gets into a tactic they use to recruit people called coercive persuasion aka Mind Control. Interesting read if you ask me.

Last edited:
Of course you haven't because they go by "The Family International" these days.
It was a very interesting show because it talked about an organization pushing some kind of godly message when they were behaving immorally.
I have met some of their missionaries in my travels and found them to be very dishonest about their purposes. They call themselves english teachers around these parts but the teachings quickly change into theological discussions. When confronted about being missionaries, they quickly retreat and ask you not to divulge that.
If you read into the homepage of the cult link, it gets into a tactic they use to recruit people called coercive persuasion aka Mind Control. Interesting read if you ask me.

Well, maybe I misread it, but wiki put it that David had been accused of molesting a number of young girls, not the entire organization. Not defending them or pushing them on anyone, just making sure things are stated correctly. Big history on wiki. Read it.

Well, maybe I misread it, but wiki put it that David had been accused of molesting a number of young girls, not the entire organization. Not defending them or pushing them on anyone, just making sure things are stated correctly. Big history on wiki. Read it.

Yes, he would have his minions film soft core child p**n of young girls, aged 8-12 or something like that and send it to him. I wish I could find the documentary. I know it was on VIASAT explorer, not sure of that is available on stateside cable networks. It might me called natgeo explorer..

Back