ScriptLance Officially Sux

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I have done business with ScriptLance since 03 and what happens yesterday?

They lock my account and need to verify my phone number... well that is not quite so bad I guess, lots of stuff going on out there so I verify my phone number..

Today, they want a copy of my passport or drivers license.. huh?

In short, I sent a quick FU note and an account closure... over 7 years and thousands of $$ in projects now I am not who I say I am? :laugh:

Who do they think they are? Identity theft what it is today and they are asking me for this stuff? yea like right...

Freelancer.com is my new 1 off project site now.. :laugh:

need my passport... :rofl: ought to be a law.... How many people actually hand over this data to people they have never even seen except through a website interface? what are they out of their minds?

Not sure what Script Lance is.

But your word is good enough for me not to use them if the time ever comes.

What do you do? I just used getafreelancer.com for a design project.
Same site, different domain name..

Not sure what Script Lance is.

But your word is good enough for me not to use them if the time ever comes.
:laugh: sorry...

It is for people that need specific IT/web/Database etc type work that do not have full time staff or no need for them can come up with a job concept.

That same person probably does not have the skill set to say build a relational database with web interface, so they post up what they are trying to do on this board.. Independent programmers surf the board for "freelance" projects and bid on them..

A fantastic resource for a guy that has ideas but no desire to learn PHP/Mysql . I have them do customer projects or modify existing stuff to use new security or new functions.. I then do not need to learn Ajax ect..

Many of the bidders are from India etc but I have had great luck getting work done and follow up.. RULE: do not make final payment unless you are 110% sure project is correct.. :)

Last edited:
Back