Gun guys-reloads safe?? 4 target practice?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
9MM SHELLS LIKE $20 4 A BOX OF 50
My barber told me can get reloads @ gunshows for 1/3 of the price.
You know were they have taken spent shells+repacked them.
I was told shell can be reloaded 12 times b-4 it is unsafe.

Last edited by a moderator:
After seeing the other post with the .44 blown apart be careful. Vendors at gun shows should have a fair reputation...I'd go myself and ask around for the guru of the place and see if he sells reloading equip as well as rounds. Atleast that way you know it is a decent part of his life + income.

Reloads are very safe but you want to know that the person doing the reloading is competent.

If you look at the tags on the reload bags you will see that there is a no guarantee that they are backed by any warranty of safe operation and there is no info on the person who reloaded them. It is pretty much a crap shoot with your life!

I'd rather buy the manufactured ammo myself. Not to say you can't get some defective ammo from them either but less of a chance

Now those things will shoot your eye out

:laugh:

I dont trust a re-load unless I do it myself...my life is worth the extra $

I'm there too.
I've handloaded for years and still line them all up after the powder charge, and look in with a flashlight before the projectile goes in, to see if I put in a double charge in one.
Easy to do when talking, listening to music etc., and the monotony makes a guy sloppy sometimes.
Hasn't happened yet, but I always double check myself.
Can't be too careful with this stuff IMO.

Reloads are very safe but you want to know that the person doing the reloading is competent.

+100. I don't think I have ever used factory ammo at the shooting range. I get my reloads in bulk at gun shows and usually stay with 1 or 2 vendors that I have bought from in the past.

I dont trust a re-load unless I do it myself...my life is worth the extra $

+1

:laugh:

I'm there too.
I've handloaded for years and still line them all up after the powder charge, and look in with a flashlight before the projectile goes in, to see if I put in a double charge in one.
Easy to do when talking, listening to music etc., and the monotony makes a guy sloppy sometimes.
Hasn't happened yet, but I always double check myself.
Can't be too careful with this stuff IMO.

I do all my own reloading and use the same proceedure. Always check and recheck. I also keep a constant eye on my progressive press and all it is doing.

+100. I don't think I have ever used factory ammo at the shooting range. I get my reloads in bulk at gun shows and usually stay with 1 or 2 vendors that I have bought from in the past.

I dont go to gun shows and never had the opportunity to buy from these vendors. But i do know 2 guys i would trust using their reloaded rounds. One of them taught me how to reload many moons ago.

Mr Bogus says...Jabba the Hut had a 9mm?

Your too cold !:poke:

mike1180 says....Does that gun make him look fat?

You too...:poke:

But I agree maybe if he had a Barret .50 in his arms he would look better.

On the topic of thread I agree.
I aint chambering no reload if I did not make it myelf.
You buy at a gunshow and walk away never to hear or see the seller again.
The seller 9 out of 10 times is not the one who loaded them either.

Lastly why does first pic look like you just lost your job and are heading back to work STRAPPED looking for your ex-boss ?

What happened to the haircut ?

Last edited:
Your too cold !:poke:

You too...:poke:

But I agree maybe if he had a Barret .50 in his arms he would look better.

On the topic of thread I agree.
I aint chambering no reload if I did not make it myelf.
You buy at a gunshow and walk away never to hear or see the seller again.
The seller 9 out of 10 times is not the one who loaded them either.

Lastly why does first pic look like you just lost your job and are heading back to work STRAPPED looking for your ex-boss ?
My ex roomie shot IPSC and probably burned 3000-5000 rounds a week.. His bench was pretty efficient and he could do a weeks worth of rounds in a few hours.. just had to load brass and crank the handle (after a rather protracted calibration process for setting the thing up..)

Only thing I ever did for him was clean and size the brass.. I can still hear that thing cranking out rounds into the bin.. :)

1. Based on the 1st pic?...your "Barber" sux

2. Was the sign above the dudes head in the 2nd pic on purpose?

3. I usta be the local IPSC champion about a decade ago...i reloaded my .40S&W and my .45acp on a hornady Pro7 progressive press...and it cost me just about the same to reload 40/45 as it did to buy new manufactured 9mm...back then...as gunshow specials had 9mm PMC 115 fmj for $119 a case of 1,000...still got a couple...and don't let anybody (even old azz police reports) fool you...9's are fine in the right hands with the right loads...i stagger load my glock mags...HP, FMJ, HP, FMJ etc...i shoot the heavy HP's (hydrashocks & silvertips) and they hit right with the 115 gr pmc's...which are fairly hot...even got some euro spec (high pressure) blacktip machine gun 9mm loadings for those shtf daze..and my glocks gobbles'em all up just dandy.

won a few times...

trophy.jpg

my old babies..Custom P14, Taurus CH85 (house gun w/ Saf-T-Lock) and my G19 9mm for carry

pistols.jpg

L8R, Bill. :cool:

My buddy reloads with a Lee Loadmaster progressive press. He loads 9's 38's
45's so far. Never a problem with any of his loads.
I just bought the same machine for myself with dies for 9mm 38/357, 40s&w
and 44spec/44mag . I haven't set it up yet because I just got it and still need to build a bench. Expect to save a TON of money once I am set up.

get a bb gun its much safer:laugh:

Got 1 ammo cheap its a pump up.Think will go in+ out of a pop can can put your eye out with it.

Thats not me in pic just goofing thats me. Billy a.k.a mr wonderfull @ INDY NHRA IN PARKING EREA HAVING SOME CACTUS JUICE
9mm H.P. MADE IN BELGIUM.

My 908 has one clip that sees mostly reloads for target practice and a separate clip with the "good stuff" for home protection. On a rare occasion I've had reloads jam up.

Back