An open mind....

Projekt

Registered
Do you have an open mind?

Have you ever been shown the opposing perspective about a given issue and realized that there may be some sense to it?

yeah, it's happened to me many times in my life. I think it's necessity, actually. having an open mind and listening to someone else's opinion is uaually going to do one of two things: 1) open you up to new ideas, as well as the possibility that you might be wrong or 2) it will strengthen your original beliefs.

That being said, Listening to other people, their feelings, ideas, interpretations of things, etc, is invaluable if you ever intend to grow.

Nope,, im right they are wrong, they can deal with it

I would agree with you then we both would be wrong!

But seriously, being closed minded only limits yourself. If you are not able to explore the possibilities around concepts, ideas, values, views, beliefs and what ever else makes you up as a person...it leaves you the lesser for not doing so.

Open to ideas does not mean changing you position rather it allows for greater understanding of what you DO BELIEVE IN!

Do you have an open mind?

Have you ever been shown the opposing perspective about a given issue and realized that there may be some sense to it?

Hmmm....you're on a roll of pondering posts this week aren't you Spank? :poke:

:laugh:

You should always have an open mind.

As smart as you think you are, There are people out there smarter.

This does not mean you have to take there opinion to heart, But you never know, if you listen with an open mind you might just learn something that could save you alot of time or money.

Oh boy...I have a boat full.

I once saw GWB as doing no wrong. The last 4 years of his presidency I went from firm supporter to apathetic half-hearted Republican in name only. Much of this was due to information that was revealed to me from the Left. I am still a staunch Conservative, but I have come to recognize the ills in my own party.

I was once very anti-gay until I worked with a gay guy who showed me that he's just another guy...he just doesn't share my taste in women. I have also shifted from being anti-gay marriage to being pro civil union.

I also once believed in the Federal Government as something to be respected. It was only the last 5-7 years that I realized it is the government that should be respecting me.

I got many more.....I have grown a LOT on the last decade and much of it was due to outside influence.

My ex wife told me I needed to have an open mind, I found out she meant an open relationship.

Not as much as I should. However, one has to have a pretty strong will to get thru this world without being walked all over which leaves me pretty opinionated. But, since I'm always right, this is usually not an issue :laugh::moon:

Always an open mind.

openmind1_id20616681_jpg.jpg

Back