Table saw accident... (no gore)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I was shopping a table saw and saw this about a year ago.. not sure why it came to mind tonight but I thought it was pretty cool

The second video will make you cringe....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! I have never seen anything like that! Saw's have come a LONG ways!! That guy was CRAZY!!!!!!!! Nice find. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have seen ads for that saw stop product in wood mags and wondered if anyone would have the guts to do what he did and seeing is believing.

Most table saw accidents is cause by people that leave the plastic guard on.2 guys at work made a big deal about that we I said it.Then 1 of them cut the tip of his thumb off and the other sliced into 4 fingers.Couldn't see what they was doing.
Push sticks are easily made.A straight piece of wood with a notch in the end to grab the wood...or..cut one out of plywood to look like a hand saw but taller.Have to cut it so there is a notch at the end to push the wood[notch at the back]..and long enough to keep the wood from kicking up.Cut a place out somewhere for a handle.If your hand slips it hits the plywood not the blade.

Yes he will be rich. Thing should be mandatory on table saws and then incorporated in hand held circulars as well.
Too cool...
Dont think I would want to keep pushin my luck demonstrating it though.
You know what they say about machines....

It's funny you posted this....I was telling my son how I wanted to get a table saw and his main concern was I would cut my finger off.....Problem solved now!:thumbsup:

Most table saw accidents is cause by people that leave the plastic guard on.2 guys at work made a big deal about that we I said it.Then 1 of them cut the tip of his thumb off and the other sliced into 4 fingers.Couldn't see what they was doing.
Push sticks are easily made.A straight piece of wood with a notch in the end to grab the wood...or..cut one out of plywood to look like a hand saw but taller.Have to cut it so there is a notch at the end to push the wood[notch at the back]..and long enough to keep the wood from kicking up.Cut a place out somewhere for a handle.If your hand slips it hits the plywood not the blade.
I have used table saws since my high school shop days, never had a problem but all it takes is one time I guess. I use push sticks when in doubt..

For the casual user? this is a fantastic product I think, the consummate professional? probably does not need it, but then most racers do not need B or C mode either.. :laugh:

I think the thing that made me think about this was a show about a surgeon that lost is fingers to a table saw... sort of ruined his career not having fingers..

this post coming from someone who has actually cut his thumb off with a circular saw...stop being such a woozy, it didn't hurt at all as all the nerve endings where cut off to, it only bleed bad enough to make me light headed in about 3 minutes,??? and it only cost me about 8 grand to have it re-attached, 3 grand more for the physical therapy and the stories i tell are now priceless.....who the hell would want a saw that would be safe:rofl:

oh all kidding aside it was a makita saw..and there was in fact a product recall on my model, the problem was in the guard and what happened was the saw hit a knot in the wood and kicked back...when it kicked back the knot spun up and got stuck in the guard thus keeping the guard from coming down and protecting my digit....it was a 1 hour surgery and i have limited use of my thumb now...but it still looks normal...and the ladies cant feel the difference when i stick it:moon: at all:whistle:

I have seen this saw on a tool show and the guy did in fact test it with his own finger 2-3 times....even if the thing only worked 1 outta 5 times..i would still think those odds are better then 0-5

Last edited:
had a patient in the pharmacy last night that had just cut the ends of two of his fingers off while notching a kickboard to go around a register...i bet he would give a lot more than $60 to have that split second back along with his digits!

No less than amazing:thumbsup: as said above lots of folks remove the guard for better sight which makes a dangerous tool even more so. Thanks for posting:bowdown: In 25 years of construction, I've seen some real dumb moves. thats gonna be a big winner:thumbsup:

Thing should be mandatory on table saws and then incorporated in hand held circulars as well.
that just increases the cost, which is passed to the consumers, like other safeties (like cable locks on guns)
there's enough gov't:rulez: regulation as it is.
the saw safety is for ppl who can't follow basic shop safety

If you folks would watch second video ALL THE WAY THRU he does test it with his finger.

As far increasing the cost of each tool by mandating it.
How much will it cost us if you do cut your finger off and have to use the Obama health plan ?
Once incorporated and mandated just like the VCR production numbers will bring the cost down to a couple bucks a piece.

I'm calling my local liberal.....

If you folks would watch second video ALL THE WAY THRU he does test it with his finger.

As far increasing the cost of each tool by mandating it.
How much will it cost us if you do cut your finger off and have to use the Obama health plan ?
Once incorporated and mandated just like the VCR production numbers will bring the cost down to a couple bucks a piece.

"I'm calling my local liberal.....

:rofl: should we put out a local call?

the second video when he feeds his finger to the thing is when it made me cringe...

Last edited:
Back