Hope & Change

det45

Registered
Well it's been a year now for the current administration in Washington, how's that hope & change going for you all? (Don't blame President Bush) They are beating that horse to death and then some.....Det45

Oh, cool....I missed the follow-up threads. That's what I get for being absent.....

Carry on :whistle:

Dude, things were tight under Bush and they are still tight under Obama. There were things I was unhappy about then, and there are some that I am unhappy about now.

I know that I have to be the master of my fate in regards to the financial outlook for me & my family regardless of who is in charge in Washington.

Our elected officials are laughing at us fighting back & forth about Right vs. Left. It is like a volley in tennis. The left is in power now, then it will shift back to the right. The only thing that remains constant is that those elected stay rich and well taken care, while we waste time & effort being pissed off.

Maybe one day we can elect people with some real integrity that truly represent their constituents. I'm tired of these Used Car Salesmen we have now on both sides of the aisles. They all make great promises, and We the people continue riding in this broke down raggedy car they have sold us.

I wish politicians would stop claiming a side and just run on who they are and what they plan to do.

Dude, things were tight under Bush and they are still tight under Obama. There were things I was unhappy about then, and there are some that I am unhappy about now.

I know that I have to be the master of my fate in regards to the financial outlook for me & my family regardless of who is in charge in Washington.

Our elected officials are laughing at us fighting back & forth about Right vs. Left. It is like a volley in tennis. The left is in power now, then it will shift back to the right. The only thing that remains constant is that those elected stay rich and well taken care, while we waste time & effort being pissed off.

Maybe one day we can elect people with some real integrity that truly represent their constituents. I'm tired of these Used Car Salesmen we have now on both sides of the aisles. They all make great promises, and We the people continue riding in this broke down raggedy car they have sold us.

I wish politicians would stop claiming a side and just run on who they are and what they plan to do.

You make a good point. Neither party seem to be doing right for America.

The money comes from either political influence of corporate donations, both of which lead to crooked behavior. I really wish we could crack down on campaign contributions and get rid of corporate and group fundraising. If money flowed from the people only, these campaigns would be far more equitable and our leaders wouldn't be beholden to certain groups the moment they take office.

If someone was to stand up for the American people and not their special interest would be elected by a land slide.

If someone was to stand up for the American people and not their special interest would be elected by a land slide.

I agree with that statement and feel it is very true. Look at Blagovich(Spelling) in Illinois. He ran on the platform of NO SPECIAL INTEREST and ending corruption. He was elected. And we all know the rest of the story. Just because you run on one platform and convince people it is true does not prevent you from changing the game plan in the middle of the game to suit your interests

They need to Walk the Walk and not just Talk the Talk!!!!!!!!! Same old BS year after year after year......:moon:

i hope for a hott young brunette in my near futur but may change to a blond:laugh:

we elect these people....

so maybe it is a reflection of us.

we are like the battered wife, that keeps going back because he promises "it will never happen again" then we cry to our best friends...

if "we" actually looked into the candidates, and did some research....things would change. unfortunately, too many do not take the time and only beleive what they see on tv commercials.

tv time gets votes.....tv time costs money....candidates must take money to buy tv time.

we elect these people....

so maybe it is a reflection of us.

we are like the battered wife, that keeps going back because he promises "it will never happen again" then we cry to our best friends...

if "we" actually looked into the candidates, and did some research....things would change. unfortunately, too many do not take the time and only beleive what they see on tv commercials.

tv time gets votes.....tv time costs money....candidates must take money to buy tv time.

Not really a reflection, as the choices are limited. We merely pick the lesser of two evils more often than not. The system scares off those who would likely be our best leaders.

We can research all we want but if the better man never runs, we can't elect him. It's all about celebrity these days, little to do with core beliefs and integrity. The spinmeisters will always come out on top. Look at all Obama's grand plans. Was going to get us out of Afghanistan, now he's saying it's a necessary war. How many votes did that net him?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants ! Enough 'change'

My feelings EXACTLY...........

I'm trying to be positive, hopeful and uplifting

head in oven.jpg

Unfortunately in todays American political system you do not get to the top of the pile by being Mr Clean Jeans !

Last edited:
Back