Pet peeves

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Everyone has something that gets under their skin, even trivial things. There is one spoken phrase that makes me crazy and my entire family now knows how to push my buttons as a result.

When someone says that something was literal, yet they are describing something figurative. For instance; "I was literally scared to death" or "He was literally 10 feet tall!" I usually look at these people and say "literally?" Most people look at me funny, some catch on...others call me silly. I keep telling people, it's FIGURATIVELY!!!

:laugh:

My biggest pet peeve is getting to the movie theatre late... That's probably the top #1 on my list!.... Literally, haha. I pay all that money for some movie that might suck the big one, have to trip over people getting to the seat all the way up in the front row which is terrible, and miss out on all the previews...

...the phrase, "Been there, done that" :puke:

The only One I know who can say that 'literally' :laugh: isn't here anymore...???

People with the tag of their shirt, top, shorts or what have you flipped out.. I just want to tuck that thing back in!

This thread is literally crap! :laugh:

No but seriously...

-When parents bring babies to adult movies
-When people touch my bike
-Kids who tease my dogs through the fence
-Going through the drive thru, then having to go back when they screw my order up
-Having to push "1" for English
-When my husband says, "pull my finger"

:whistle: The are just couple of mine.

People with the tag of their shirt, top, shorts or what have you flipped out.. I just want to tuck that thing back in!

They are superheros and that is there little cape.

Here's mine: boxer shorts hanging out of your pants. :banghead:

Can I add another?

When people misspeak using colloquialisms.

For example:

When someone is chomping at the bit. It's champing, not chomping.
Or when something doesn't jive. It's jibe, not jive.
And one that I have never really been sure about, yet it still bothers me.... vice versa. People say vice-a versa, but I'm almost positive it should be pronounced as written. Even Merriam Webster has two pronunciations.

Ok.....that's really petty, I know. :(

-When parents bring 'crying' babies to any indoor theater
-When people touch my bike
-Kids who tease my dog at all! (He doesn't play well with others...hmmm...wonder where he got that?)
-Going through the drive thru, then having to go back when they screw my order up
-Having to push "1" for English
-When 'anyone' says, "pull my finger" (pul-eeze!)

+100!! :banghead:

Had a guy come out of a party one night and slap his butt down on the scooter. He was wide-eyed with that 'Dang, those were some good shots!' thing going on, so I walked up next to him and started making the 'ud-na, ud-na' noises for him. He looked at me kinda funny with a big grin on his face and then kinda paled when he saw I wasn't as happy about the whole thing as he was. Are people just freakin' clueless!!??!!

Oh, and not to thread jack on Shannon's quote but how did Dave come out on the evaluation on his hand?

When people tell me to hurry up. It just makes me take even longer.

When people use the term "same difference". How can it be the same and different at the same time.

When people use the term "same difference". How can it be the same and different at the same time.

My cousin used to say that all the time....it got to be her trademark. I found myself using it a few times....ugh.

Back