If Toys R Us calls to say 'you won something' make sure......

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
It comes with delivery and.......INSTALLATION !

3 Weeks ago my wife and I were shopping at Toys R Us for the kids and some friends children. They had a bucket at the door 'Drop a Biz card in to win'. Ok so I oblige and drop one or two..:whistle:

Never thought about it again. This past Monday I get a call from someone who as usual completely murders my name. I smell BILL COLLECTOR ! I'm already not paying attn and close to hanging up when he says 'I'm from Toys R Us and want to congratulate you !' Huh ? Me ? Whatyu Talkin' bout Mr Drummond ? What did I win I ask. An Adventureland Playset the Pathfinder model he replies. Now I'm getting excited.
He goes on to say there was some prob alerting the winner of the drawing and with an apology he said they had included a slide for it at no cost. Too cool. When can we deliver it sir he asks?
Now....as soon as possible...whenever. He checks and says it can be delivered tom on Tuesday. Great , excellent see you tomorrow. I hang up the phone and...:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Next morn comes I get a call at 7:45 saying they are on they way.
This is great the family is out of town and Adam will come home to see some new thing daddy won for him !
8:20 comes Beep Beep...truck is here.
2 guys get out. Where do you want it they ask ?
Oh yes right in the back yard I have a spot picked out for it I reply.
They open the truck and proceed to carry two huge long boxes around the back and put them down on the patio.
Sign here please sir.
??? Now I'm kinda curious why would he want me to sign for it ?
I HAVE NOT INSPECTED IT YET ? THEY HAVE NOT PUT IT TOGETHER YET ?
So politely I ask him why should I sign if you have not assembled it yet ?

YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD TWO GROWN MEN LAUGH SO HARD IN THEIR LIVES. LIKE TEN YR OLD GIRLS THEY SOUNDED.

Put it together they say, thats your job.
Have a nice day !

AaaarGH !

So for the last two days I have been assembling this CMTP (Chinese Mental Torture Puzzle) for my little buddy. :banghead:
I hope he appreciates that daddy lost 3 of the last 5 hairs on his head doin' it ! :rofl:

In the end it only cost me a few hrs labor and 15 bucks. 10 for the flag and five for missing bolts which I am sure they get a great laugh out of at the factory !
I am thankful for the gift just mentally tired for the next six months.

Adams playset 1.10 010.jpg

Adams playset 1.10 005.jpg

Adams playset 1.10 008.jpg

Adams playset 1.10 002.jpg

Adams playset 1.10 015.jpg

Adams playset 1.10 004.jpg

Now where's he supposed to learn to stunt on the new 4 wheeler? You took up half his backyard space with that monster!! :laugh:

Same thing my mom said. But I need the space on the side for slide.
I need space front and back for kids jumping from swings.
It is the only place it could go.
The rest of the yard to the left is still open but I am anxious to see what happens the first time he tests it with the 4 wheelers bumper..:laugh:

I like how the slide goes right into the alligator fence.
Easier to feed 'em I guess. :poke:

Good job :thumbsup:

If it was me the kid would not miss what he never saw or new he was getting.... I would have flashed an assembled pic at the neighbors dad, got some money an walked away laughing like a ten year old as I dumped the boxes in his yard :rofl::rofl::rofl: probably got me some goodies for the Busa with the cash :poke: :laugh::laugh:

I guess after reading this you can now see why I am divorced with no kids :whistle: :laugh:

Cool prize! Too bad it came with work. I was working at a body shop a few years ago, and had to build one for my boss's kids. Built the whole thing, left it in three main pieces, then we loaded it on a trailer, and brought it to his house to finish it. They are definitely maddeningly frustrating to assemble!

I had to put a very similar one together with my brother for my nephews... I hated it. Pain in the butt.

Yeah I got suckered into putting one of those together for someone this past summer. Never again, man. i KNEW i got a vasectomy for a reason...

"CMTP (Chinese Mental Torture Puzzle)" :rofl::rofl:

American flag is nice touch and a must have to make it official :thumbsup: I'm sure his eyes will bug out of his head when he returns. You done good "Daddy!"

He might look like this...

Ps.....It sucks that the flag was 'made in .....:whistle:'
...............Some things just should not be allowed !

ROME.CYPRUS 7-8.09 877.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah but at least now he can say you BUILT it for him! :whistle: Was he shocked to see it? I never had anything that cool when I was a kid. :poke:

CaBusaGirl he is still away and wont be back until Monday.
He is a world traveller you know..and a big strong boy...wanna see his muscle..:laugh:

LOL funny story!

I bet you will be the coolest person in the wold in his eyes when he sees that thing!

Congratulations on the win:beerchug:

Dang, never heard a guy complain because he got something for "FREE" ? :rofl:

you could have had the 12 year old next door assemble the thing.. :laugh: (and then set the clock on the vcr)

I would not let the kid near skydvr either.. he be jumping off the top with a bed sheet..

Back