The very first police dog a trained: RIP "semper"

GPW

Donating Member
Registered
My very first dog turned out to be pretty good. Graduated first in class. RIP :please: Handler was a Marine.

2009 Ocean City Today News
POLICE BRIEFS
OCPD loses K-9

008p1_xlg.preview.jpg

K-9 Semper The Ocean City Police Department is mourning the loss of the recently retired K- 9 Semper.

Semper retired in September after nearly seven years of service. On Dec. 17, he succumbed to kidney failure.

Semper came to the OCPD in February 2002 from the Czech Republic and was a loyal partner to Pfc. Mike Richardson. He assisted in the detection of drugs in more than 250 incidents, including the confiscation of more than a kilogram and a half of cocaine.

Semper also assisted the United States Customs and Border Protection department at the Port of Baltimore by searching cargo ships for contraband and illegal substances. In addition to his patrol and narcotics duties, Semper also assisted in several high-risk warrant arrests and was actively involved in supporting other law enforcement agencies on the Eastern Shore during drug seizures. He often assisted in crowd control situations and had a significant number of physical apprehensions involving violent suspects.

Semper often participated in demonstrations for local schools, summer camps and the Ocean City community, such as the Bonfire on the Beach events.

Inauguration work

Twelve members of the Worcester County Sheriff's Office, 10 members of the Ocean City Police Department and two members of the Ocean City Fire Marshal's Office will travel to Washington, D.C. to work at the inauguration Jan. 20. The deputies will provide security along the parade route and will be assigned to a specific area of Pennsylvania Avenue.

They will join nearly 4,000 law enforcement agencies from across the country working the events. The participants will be deputized by the U.S. Marshals to work events including the inauguration, the parade and the official inaugural balls

This is the second time members of the Sheriff's Office have participated in inauguration events. The first time was in 2005 during President George W. Bush's inaugural parade.

Last edited:
one of my rotts won best in show 3 times....she is now deceased...but was also level 3 certified companion dog and could do everything the police dogs do

:thumbsup:

R.I.P. Semper

You have my condolences, I just lost my Shepherd recently too.

RIP Semper!

It's amazing... These dogs go through more training then most people would even want to imagine.

Amazing how Human his eyes look in the pic.
More to them than we know.
Truly God's gift to man and now hes back with him.
RIP...

Back