Dealers Hurting!

Haya01B

Registered
Went to a Suzuki dealership in a nearby town and the parts guy comes up to me and says "Make me an offer on these jackets and helmets please" I am like damn! They must really be shootin bad to come at you like that. They use to be so laid back!

Has anybody else had an experience like this lately?

nope, but if it continues and I'm financially solvent enough when I see one of those buy one get one free deals again I'm all over it :laugh:

I cant afford to go to my dealer, if I could I promise I would be trying to scoop up some bargains.

i want a leather jacket for 1 $ offer him a dollar and ill pay you to ship:laugh:

Went to a Suzuki dealership in a nearby town and the parts guy comes up to me and says "Make me an offer on these jackets and helmets please" I am like damn! They must really be shootin bad to come at you like that. They use to be so laid back!

what did you offer him?...that was your chance to get some good deals:whistle:

i want a leather jacket for 1 $ offer him a dollar and ill pay you to ship:laugh:

I already tried that one. He had some nice black and gray leather Hayabusa jackets that were $416 in sizes up to 56. I never made an offer on one but I am thinking about picking one up. I will have to let some of my other projects suffer.

He also had some AGV leather hayabusa jackets for $175 with make an offer attached.

what did you offer him?...that was your chance to get some good deals:whistle:

I was in the area on my way to the steel shop to pick up some steel stock. My jacket money was already spent at the moment. I feel just like I did the time I came across a 69 Camaro for $6500. I should have jumped on it but my stupidity would not let me part with my other toys. That Camaro is worth more than those toys now! Way more!

I hear ya.

I got this for $3200 back in 1987. I have redone it and I know it is worth more than I have in it.:beerchug:

Camaro_005__Small___2_.jpg

I experienced it with Criswell Powersports days before they went out of business. They had a leather J/R priced at $325 I think it was and I got it for $200.
Also, Cycles USA where I bought my bike also went out of business last year.

heck yes it is lot more.I go nhra @ indy every year guys bring sweet cars like that to the race 2 sell them.Im just guessing but I would think $15,000 asking price @ least.
Thats collecters item.I would rather have that than a new camaro

Last edited:
Our local Suzuki Dealer has been all over our regional forum...~14 million in debt, burned a lot of bridges and now shut down. Closest dealer is 36 miles away and he is doing well. Folks are hurting all over and where ever I can, I am buying from them...but still hurting none the less.

The $6,500 for the 69 Camaro was back in 2003 and I probably could have gotten it for around $5k.

Local Yamaha dealer shut down almost a year ago. There's just not enough money circulating in the economy to keep many nonessential businesses solvent.

I hear ya! They had four busas sitting on the floor. Two silver and two white. There was a time when they would be gone at the snap of a finger.

You know I just thought about something! He said the clearance was only on things with Suzuki on them like helmets, jackets and such! I hope that don't mean what I think it does.

You know I just thought about something! He said the clearance was only on things with Suzuki on them like helmets, jackets and such! I hope that don't mean what I think it does.

Nah.....you would have already heard something in the financial sector if something like that was brewing. They probably have a higher markup on the S branded stuff and can afford to drop more. :laugh:

I sure hope that is the case because they are usually the only shop in the area I can get a decent deal.

Back