What is Alabama football?

BlondeOnaBusa

Just call me B.O.B
Registered
I can't remember who wrote this but if your an Alabama fan this should bring tears to your eyes.....

What is Alabama Football?

It is Wallace Wade.
It is Bear Bryant.
It is not Bill Curry

It is the Rose Bowl.
It is hearing Keith Jack son call an Alabama game.
It is watching George Teague running down Lamar Thomas in the 1993 Sugar Bowl then rewinding it and watching it again.

It is hearing the first notes of Sweet Home Alabama .
It is the desire to beat Auburn at any competitive event that exists.
It is a houndstooth hat.
It is being ' Dixie 's Football Pride'
It is having enough pride to fight for your school but having enough class not to.
It is cheering the same amount for a first down on second and 6 as on fourth and 1.
It is watching Cornelius Bennett give Notre Dame quarterback Steve Beuerlein a concussion on that October day in Birmingham in 1986.

i
s It is determining who you are going to date & marry by which team they swear allegiance to.
It is watching The Bear on the Jumbotron before a game in Bryant-Denny Stadium and almost seeing him l
It is spending a day at The Bryant Museum and still not seeing everything.
It is cool crisp autumn Saturdays where you can smell football in the air and feel it whenever there is a slight breeze.
It is watching The Bear get number 315 against Auburn .
It is watching The Bear get number 323 against Illinois .
It is hearing Paul Kennedy do the play-by-play when Van Tiffin kicked the 52-yard field goal against Auburn in 1985.Wallis Wallace Wade. It is Bear Bryant. It is not Bill Curry.ace Wade. It is Bear Bryant. It is not Bill Curry. is
It is knowing how many days until the start of a season year around.
It is driving down Colonial Drive to see Bryant-Denny Stadium not the sorority girls.
It is getting chills up and down your entire body whenever you hear anything about the 1993 Sugar Bowl and the pride you feel because that night tradition ruled.
It is hearing The Bear's voice and having all the hair on the back of your neck stand straight up because you know no matter he said, it was something special.
It is hearing The Million Dollar Band play 'Yea Alabama ' and knowing it just does not get any better.
It is imagining hearing Penn State Quarterback Chuck Fusina ask Alabama linebacker Barry Krauss 'How close is it?' and hearing Krauss say 'About an inch, you'd better pass' right before fourth down during The Goal Line Stand in the 1979 Sugar Bowl.

Wade. It iIt is almost coming to tears whenever Alabama loses to Auburn or Tennessee .
It is The Kick. It is The Goal Line Stand. It is The Desperation Block.
It is purposely not wearing any clothes with the colors orange and blue.
It is the Third Saturday in October.
It is not needing an alarm clock on game days, you sit bolt upright in the bed long before the alarm goes off because you know that it is a gameday, you can sleep after the bowl game.
It is walking into a stadium and knowing Alabama will win the game no matter who they are playing because is just the way it is supposed to be.
It is the saying 'Offense wins games, Defense wins national titles.'
It is the Bear Bryant “Aâ€￾
It is getting to the stadium hours before the game just to be there.
It is walking into another team's stadium and having those fans hate you because you are from Alabama .
It is the pride that a father has when he brings his children to a game so they may cherish the tradition.

tIt is beating LSU in Baton Rouge .
It is hearing the crunch as a linebacker dressed in crimson and white hits a running back dressed in orange and blue.
It is the pride you take in being every team's rival.
It is pulling for any team that is playing Auburn .
It is pulling for any team that is playing Tennessee
Its hoping the stadium would blow up when Auburn played Tennessee.
It is knowing that the SEC Championship is a birthright.
It is being respected and feared at the same time.
It is holding up four fingers at the end of the third quarter.
It is knowing what 'Mama Called' means.
It is whipping Auburn 31-7 in Jordan-Hare Stadium when nobody picked you to win.
It is NOT 'The Jungle'.
It is The Catch.

It is having 21 Southeastern Conference Titles.
It is having 12 National Titles.
It is more than I can ever mention in this list.
It is class.
It is tradition.
It is Alabama Football.

RTR

If you want to go to heaven and walk the streets of gold you have to know the pass word which is Roll Tide Roll!!

did this in the other place but here ya go BOB

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY need AL to win, I've got a really good customer that will purchase a BUNCH more materials if the Crimson Tide wins...GO BAMA!

My wife would appreciate this, being born and raised in Alabama as well. In fact, I think she wore her Alabama shirt to work today (even though she attended UAB :laugh:).

Makes me think of Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues"...

Last edited:
My wife would appreciate this, being born and raised in Alabama as well. In fact, I think she wore her Alabama shirt to work today (even though she attended UAB :laugh:).

Makes me think of Steely Dan's "Deacon Blues"...

Give your wife a big ROLL TIDE for me! :thumbsup:

I just got back from the Rodeo..............what happened to TX q-back?

I just got back from the Rodeo..............what happened to TX q-back?

someone kicked a grain of sand in his crack and he is out :dunno:

he took a hit to the shoulder, xrays are negative, seems to be moving it just fine on the sidelines :whistle:

freshman that's getting his job is making a fair impression... bama just needs to get their asses moving again

Oh yeah someone go find BOB and pull her off the ceiling :laugh:

thanks. Freshman did a good drive.

Thanks for the info:beerchug:

freshman was sucking some major buttage for a bit but seems to have found his stride in the 2nd half. Can't blame him for the fumble, the line didnt pick it up and he was CLOCKED :laugh:

Hoping bama can pull it off .... dont like Mack Brown :whistle:

Oh come on don't you think Scarlet and Gray look good on everything?

Bucks blasted the Ducks thats all I care about... sorry

Awesome game, TX was better than I thought they were!
Dawn and I woke up, milled around and went to go find some National Championship commemorative shirts. There are these stores here called 'Bama Fever', pretty much nothing but Bama football stuff... There was literally a line of people that went around the outside of the store, looked like they were letting only a handful in at a time - it was windy and 32 degrees! Unreal!

Roll Tide Roll!

Back