Raffles are over for now... Someone complained

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So I get an email today from PayPal that my account has been locked because of violations of the acceptable use policy. Apparently someone reported the Zumo Raffle to Paypal...

Ya know what, how pathetic does your life have to be to complain about something that is trying to do good for another person. We didn't do the raffles so that the site could make money, we haven't had those for years. What we have done over the past few years is to use the raffles for causes like collecting money to rebuild a bike for a US Marine, or collecting money to help a member get to a funeral or to pay for flowers when someone dies....

UNBELIEVABLE! Whoever you are that reported us you need to ask yourself if you are proud of what you have done...

This really doesn't affect the site or how it operates EXCEPT it constrains us on how we can collect money to help others...

I have refunded the money to the people that have purchased tickets and I have moved the thread with the Zumo Raffle as instructed by paypal to comply so I can get my account back.....

So it seems for now the only way that I can get money coming in for the Bessie fund is to ask for donations... So many of you have stepped up already... I will put some thought into how we can proceed but we are running out of time to get the current project completed...

If you want to donate to MC_Mustangs cause (Which is where all the proceeds were going) then you can just click on the green donate button at the top of the page...

Doug
aka captain

Same thing happened on another board where someone didnt recognize them and I guess there feelings where hurt! Dam shame to be that selfish!???

why am I not surprised.... Not to mention PP has really been hard core on this stuff as of late...

I would go through your site complaints here... same person has probably asked to have threads removed because they did not agree with what was posted... whiners tend to pick on a lot of stuff...

This happened to someone on here and as I recall they found away around it

Anybody remember the thread, I think it had something to do with helping out a co-worker

Sorry Captain....I don't know what to say or why someone would do that

Last edited:
Hey Cap.

Would it make a difference if you were to use someone elses paypal account, ( someone you trusted ) I know you dont know me really well but I would offer the use of mine, Im sure there is someone you know better that would offer as well if this is a possibility.

what a piece of ****!!! Wonder if theres any way to find out who it was and where they are.??? Maybe a few member could go by and have a friendly conversation with the *****. This wasnt the money from the sign raffle was it? IF so, just keep mine if possible!:beerchug: I'll donate some more when I get paid again.

Last edited:
Are u F-ing serious. That takes a real tool. Well karma is a mother fer. Hmmmm don't wish ill well on anyone, but life has a way to repay those who try and slow or stop the help of deserving people.
Posted via Mobile Device

This happened to someone on here and as I recall they found away around it

Anybody remember the thread, I think it had something to do with helping out a co-worker

I recall something, Ill PM ya, dont wanna start more trouble for him.

Last edited:
Back