IL76-POLIJETANJE transport plane

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Here is a clip I shot from the runway in...:whistle:....last yr.
Russian IL-76 transport......BIG MO FO'
Bunkbeds and frames going to Afg.
Ex Russian Air Force Pilots will fly anything from anywhere to anywhere 24/7 cheap !!!

My father you can see as plane passes is in front of me.

We were told to open our mouths as it passed or our ear drums would burst.
It shook the earth....

Attachments

• IL76-POLIJETANJE.wmv
    2.7 MB · Views: 239
that was cool thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of a few years back now.... I believe it was the Antonov An-225
that landed in our city and they loaded up a brand new Locomotive and took off....

Antonov An-225 Antonov An-225 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd love to see the An-225. I shot this An-24 in Tulsa one afternoon last summer, but it's smaller than the -225.

AN-24 at TUL Low Resolution.jpg

AN-24 Crop.jpg

Almost 15 years ago, a 225 took off from San Diego airport, It delivered a huge magnet for atom smashing. It was loud..........and big.

It's incredible how much stuff they can put in those planes.
We put almost 2000 bunk bed mattresses and 1000 frames on that one plane.
We have our own but I think the Ruskies have the market cornered on large low cost low maintenance jet transport. May be just because the USA won't sell or release right to manufacture the Galaxies or other heavy transport planes we make.

The IL76 in the video was so big that they had to move over 20 military jets just so it could land and turn around. Also they were worried about preventing it from blowing them over. The pilot was truly amazing . The airport was a building smaller than any one of our houses with of course A BAR with ICE COLD Russian Wodka !
Iz Gud Ja..........mmmmmmmm
Okay plane loaded daa nice to meet you , you nice Americans I see you the next time and off he goes into the wild blue yonder....
He made six flights for us in eight days with little sleep but as he said it was either that or walk around Baghdad with a bullseye on his back guarding some VIP. A man who flew military planes for the USSR and now retired is sometimes seen as a member of the old establishment and it is not easy to find a job nor do they get very much if any military benefits after service.

Cool.

That plane is the star of one of my favorite YouTube vids:

- Russian IL-76 attemps to crash during takeoff[/url]

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey nobody but nobody tells a Russian pilot how to load his plane or how to fly it !
Believe me the pilot knew exactly what he was doing the whole time.
Here is a pic of them unloading another plane is Kabul.
Sorry about the quality as it was taken with a cell.
Like I said dont tell them how to stack 'em.
Just let them cram as many in there as they can !

UNLOADING AT KABUL2.JPG

Cool.

That plane is the star of one of my favorite YouTube vids:

- Russian IL-76 attemps to crash during takeoff[/url]

:thumbsup:

That's either one heck of a bad calculation, or one heck of a good calculation...not certain which.

Personally, if Vr is calculated to occur before V1, I'm not going until something changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back