Playing with fire today

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
I got up a little early this morning to get the fire started.

IMG_1609.jpg

Diana picked up a 12 pound brisket that we covered in dry rub last night. Here it is as I'm getting the smoker ready.

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

Looks like the temp is just right...

IMG_1615.jpg

Here's the smoker when I put them meat on a couple hours ago

IMG_1607.jpg

Here's what it looks like in the daylight

IMG_1616.jpg

...and I can't forget the meat after being on for a couple hours.

IMG_1617.jpg

I get to play with fire, watch football and drink beer. It's going to be a good day. :thumbsup:

Oh baby !
I don't see your address anywhere , WTF ?
You said WE were eating and watching football today.
Your not gonna eat all that yourself are you , you Briskethog you !

Boy I bet that brisket is good... sure which I had landed a taste at bash... stuff was gone before the cooks could even get a taste... :*(

Hey I thought you were on the other side of the pond? suppose you had to come home huh? :laugh:

Vonderbach if your serious you need to get out of FL and take a vac to one of the BBQ states. Ga,Tn,Tx, the carolinas .
Take it from someone who grew up in Tn they don't know BBQ here in Fl.

Brisket is a slow smoked tender chunk of whatever.
Anywhere from 6 to 24 hrs I have seen folks smoke things at a very low temp around 250.
It can be pork,beef or anything. The brisket is a type of cut on a special area of the animal.
North of the Mason Dixon line it would be a pot roast .
South it's BBQd and bolder and spicier depending on the initial rub.

God what I wouldn't give for a Corky's BBQ pulled pork sammich wit slaw on it riht now !!

Last edited:
I feel stupid for asking, but what's a brisket?

NVM Brisket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

So is brisket better or worse than say a new york strip?

Good bbq beef brisket is like the first time you...well...I'll stop there.

The trick is finding good brisket. I've traveled the country searching for a brisket that could rival Penguin Ed's in Fayetteville, Arkansas. No luck yet, though there was one place in Texas that was pretty close.

Brisket is much more tender than a strip steak, with a more fibrous texture. The level of tenderness is closer to a filet than a strip steak.

Now I really feel silly. Of course, Florida is North of the Mason Dixon, not literally of course. :whistle: I know it as pot roast, but I have never had pot roast that was worth a darn. :poke:

I'll make it a point to find some good brisket. I'll try anything once....and twice if it's as good as you guys claim. :beerchug:

Boy I bet that brisket is good... sure which I had landed a taste at bash... stuff was gone before the cooks could even get a taste... :*(

Hey I thought you were on the other side of the pond? suppose you had to come home huh? :laugh:

If I get my new trailer :whistle:, maybe I'll have enough room to bring a smoker to the Fall Bash and do a couple briskets there.

I was in London for a couple weeks. I got back the Sunday before Christmas and will probably be going back again soon.

Find one of your local good BBQ restaurants and go getya sum Vonderbach.
Any BBQ restaurant worth a durn should have smoked beef brisket fer ye' !

Vonderbach if your serious you need to get out of FL and take a vac to one of the BBQ states. Ga,Tn,Tx, the carolinas .
Take it from someone who grew up in Tn they don't know BBQ here in Fl.

Brisket is a slow smoked tender chunk of whatever.
Anywhere from 6 to 24 hrs I have seen folks smoke things at a very low temp around 250.

It can be pork,beef or anything. The brisket is a type of cut on a special area of the animal.
North of the Mason Dixon line it would be a pot roast .
South it's BBQd and bolder and spicier depending on the initial rub.

God what I wouldn't give for a Corky's BBQ pulled pork sammich wit slaw on it riht now !!

I generally plan on an hour a pound and try to keep the temp at a steady 225F.

We spice our rub up a bit, it's got cayanne, paprika and black pepper mixed in it for a little warmth.

Oh baby !
I don't see your address anywhere , WTF ?
You said WE were eating and watching football today.
Your not gonna eat all that yourself are you , you Briskethog you !

You've got about another 9 hours to get here before I'm ready to bring it off the smoker and let it rest. :poke:

Back