Here's a Random Thought

SkootRRgirl

Registered
Considering it is a bit cool outside, the only part that gets cold the worse is my hands. So I thought I wonder if I put on rubber gloves under my gloves in order to keep the heat in. Do you think it would work for a temp. solution to a temp problem? Eventually I will purchase the heated gloves but until then I thought this might help.???

Last edited:
Considering it is a bit cool outside, the only part that gets cold the worse is my hands. So I thought I wonder if I put on rubber gloves under my gloves in order to keep the heat in. Do you think it would work for a temp. solution to a temp problem? Eventually I will purchase the heated gloves but until then I thought this might help.???

I never thought about doing that. Sounds like a great idea. :thumbsup:

I would think it would just make your hands perspire more, therefore making your hands even colder? No ???

If it really works...guess I can give it a try.

OJ used blood as a lubricant to help them slide on and off:banghead:

I drink the blood, and use this for lubricant::rofl::rofl:

wet platinum.jpg

Ok it is currently 46 in Fort Myers, Florida, I just stepped off the bike It felt like 20 degrees, I wore the rubber gloves under my gloves and it helped some but I think I needed another pair. Other than that what a great ride. Let's do it again!!:laugh::cheerleader::cheerleader::thumbsup:

Ok it is currently 46 in Fort Myers, Florida, I just stepped off the bike It felt like 20 degrees, I wore the rubber gloves under my gloves and it helped some but I think I needed another pair. Other than that what a great ride. Let's do it again!!:laugh::cheerleader::cheerleader::thumbsup:

I wish it was 46° here in Minnesota. Currently 72° colder here -26°, without windchill. Rubber gloves will cut back on the chill felt from the wind.

I would think it would just make your hands perspire more, therefore making your hands even colder? No ???

If it really works...guess I can give it a try.

This was my one experience. I think if you had liners and put the gloves between the liners and outer glove it would work by stopping air from passing through.

Honestly for Florida, buy a good pair of winter gloves. I just rode an hour or so yesterday in mid 30's with a set of winter gloves. No problems. You do give up a little feel for the bike but if the roads are that cold you shouldn't be killing it anyway.

This was my one experience. I think if you had liners and put the gloves between the liners and outer glove it would work by stopping air from passing through.

Honestly for Florida, buy a good pair of winter gloves. I just rode an hour or so yesterday in mid 30's with a set of winter gloves. No problems. You do give up a little feel for the bike but if the roads are that cold you shouldn't be killing it anyway.

+1

That's what I got...A short pair of alpinestars gloves for 90% of time
and a pair of TourMaster winter gauntlets.

The Alpinestars are comfy even for summer and the TourMasters are thicker
but waterproof, weatherproof, and warm. They work very well.

You NEED a real pair of winter gloves.

note the visor scrubber on the thumb (works pretty good actually)
IMG_1647.jpg

Last edited:
I use the rubber gloves over the insulated ones.
Work a 5 alarm fire when the wind chill is 9 BELOW 0 and you'll find all kinds of glove tricks.

Back