New Years Eve in Pattaya Thailand! *PICS*

Takeuon

Registered
Traveled about 2hrs South of Bangkok Dec 28th - Jan 1st. Weather was great w/ a nice breeze off the ocean to keep you cool. And an atmosphere that didn't disappoint. We stayed at A-One Hotel, on the top floor, in the ocean view room & this place was downright incredible! A-ONE Bangkok Hotel & A-ONE The Royal Cruise Hotel Pattaya Beach A four star hotel and a bit on the higher end of the price spectrum for the area, we could lye in bed and have a clear panoramic view of the ocean thru a large plate glass window :thumbsup:

Pattaya in general is like no place on Earth. PERIOD! An amazing beach yes..but it's truly known for it's nightlife. I have now nicknamed it "The Devils Playground" For those of you that have either been there or have heard about it, you'll know what I mean.
For those that don't.. feel free to Google or YouTube it and you'll quickly find out. A t-shirt sold there that reads "Good boys die and go to Heaven. Bad boys die and go to Pattaya" pretty much sums it up.
New Years Eve was an event that I will never forget and I can't imagine having anymore fun anywhere else! Truly a sight to behold w/ unbelievable fireworks, people from all over the world, and amazing women that complete the atmosphere.

SO~! That being said I was there w/ my GF and stayed on the straight & narrow :whistle:
Still had a blast! Below are some pics of the beach across the street from the hotel, in the distance you can see Laung Island the many speedboats that can take you there for the day for a minimal fee. Very quiet, serene and private there. Some of the fresh seafood that can be brought right to you on the beach everyday for about $10, and a few New Years Eve pics.
I have lots of others, but they would not fall under the rated PG theme of this site :whistle:

Cheers! :beerchug:

4235588749_21e9449789_b.jpg

4235585767_1d6a0ecbee_b.jpg

4235679865_48feb9edc2_b.jpg

4235590561_0a51807ef0_b.jpg

4236458788_fda27ef1a4_b.jpg

Giant Ice Sculpture at the New Years Eve dinner gala
4235717003_425a77f738_b.jpg

A few more of New Years Eve...

4236496550_6452df2ca8_b.jpg

My Thai GF Lily and I
4236497158_d4ee1e09b9_b.jpg

4235722471_e68d597118_b.jpg

4235715313_7cc1aaf08c_b.jpg

Below is a nice local "dancer" that Lily and I ended up partying with :thumbsup: :bowdown:

4235677237_1430586f18_b.jpg

:thumbsup:

I suddenly have an urge to eat Thai food.

Good to read you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:

I suddenly have an urge to eat Thai food.

Good to read you're having a great time! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Our journey up North into the Lampang region (not far from Laos) to aid a Red Cross camp for a week begins January 8th.
Had to have a little fun w/ the rest of the tourists in Pattaya before witnessing the true reality of Thailands poorer village regions.

Tahitian Queen (and TQ II), Gold's Gym, the Carosel Bar... Caligula's... hmm - I have heard of Pataya... and for the really eye opening... the ALCAZAR Show! That will make you look twice for sure! Spent 7 different summers in Pataya and Phuket... one of my favorite countries to visit!

Looks like you had a blast!

Thanks! Our journey up North into the Lampang region (not far from Laos) to aid a Red Cross camp for a week begins January 8th.
Had to have a little fun w/ the rest of the tourists in Pattaya before witnessing the true reality of Thailands poorer village regions.

I dont know if your going to the Refugee camps in the north but I just heard that Thailand is sending thousands of Hmong refugees back to Laos. People who will then be persecuted because they chose to fight alongside American Soldiers and CIA in the secret part of the Vietnam Conflict. The Genecide of the Hmong and Mien peoples in Laos is the dirty little secret all parties deny. Anyways, Good Luck.

Tahitian Queen (and TQ II), Gold's Gym, the Carosel Bar... Caligula's... hmm - I have heard of Pataya... and for the really eye opening... the ALCAZAR Show! That will make you look twice for sure! Spent 7 different summers in Pataya and Phuket... one of my favorite countries to visit!

Looks like you had a blast!

Yep! I'd say you've been there before :laugh: Good times for sure :thumbsup:

I dont know if your going to the Refugee camps in the north but I just heard that Thailand is sending thousands of Hmong refugees back to Laos. People who will then be persecuted because they chose to fight alongside American Soldiers and CIA in the secret part of the Vietnam Conflict. The Genecide of the Hmong and Mien peoples in Laos is the dirty little secret all parties deny. Anyways, Good Luck.

Very sad to hear that an event so far removed is still effecting the countries inhabitants in such a negative way. Thanks for the info and I will ask our director if we will be specifically involved w/ these people.

old man on the right in the first picture needs a bra....and I'd bang kok in a few of those ladies....:laugh: sorry i know that was wrong...but :poke: dont have any them luv you long time girls over here:moon:

It's tough to feel bad for one's own lot in life after witnessing firsthand what real poverty is.

Thanks again for your efforts to ease the suffering of those far less fortunate than we are. :beerchug:

Dude you are right in the heart of awesome sights brother.
You should try to get over to Cambodia to see Angor Wat while your there ! Too close not to.
Been all over there and filled up three passports doing it but it was all on biz.
Lucky you to be able to stop and enjoy more down time there....:thumbsup:
Pics look like your enjoying your passage to Bangkok !:laugh:

You'r having too much fun. Wish I wuz there to eat all that great food and all the
other succulent num num's available:laugh::thumbsup::bowdown::whistle::laugh:

Dude you are right in the heart of awesome sights brother.
You should try to get over to Cambodia to see Angor Wat while your there ! Too close not to.

Been all over there and filled up three passports doing it but it was all on biz.
Lucky you to be able to stop and enjoy more down time there....:thumbsup:
Pics look like your enjoying your passage to Bangkok !:laugh:

Hey thanks for the kind words Saiid! If time allows, I'll look into getting over Angor Wat during my stay here. Would love to see a Cambodia stamp in my passport :thumbsup:

You'r having too much fun. Wish I wuz there to eat all that great food and all the
other succulent num num's available:laugh::thumbsup::bowdown::whistle::laugh:

:woot: :laugh:

Heres a few stamps fer ye'
Oy Vey that was some flyin'
This is one of three passports I have.
All the same , every page filled to max as well as with inserts stucks in them to make them bigger !
Its a shame you would have trouble naming a country I havent been to but I have only seen four states here.
Born in NC grew up in TN lived in CT now in FL. I want to see more of this country.
Im feeling a Christopher McCandless urge coming on....need to take a walk !

passport.JPG

Back