Since I have played my hand and let you know..

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I have extensive exp in the dirty world of Auto dealers by commenting on the below thread...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-bought-new-truck-today-i-will-never-own.html

I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who may have questions regarding buying a car or visiting a dealer.
I can help to take the initial pressure off of you so you don't explode on the first poor salesman who greets you as well as load your lips so you come off as not to be messed with.

Please PM me with your concerns and I will help..

I have extensive exp in the dirty world of Auto dealers by commenting on the below thread...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-bought-new-truck-today-i-will-never-own.html

I would like to offer my assistance to anyone who may have questions regarding buying a car or visiting a dealer.
I can help to take the initial pressure off of you so you don't explode on the first poor salesman who greets you as well as load your lips so you come off as not to be messed with.

Screwing with salesmen is FUN, especially when they play the old "we'll give you what you want for your trade" but jack the back end price up to compensate. :laugh: Had a guy in PC Florida try that crap on us several years back, I think he was too dumb to even see what the sales manager was doing. Needless to say, we walked out of that dealer. :moon:

heh, I work at a dealership. And so you know, you want to get the price of the car your purchasing squared away before you introduce your trade.

I'm at a dealer now, getting service on the G37. I'm sipping on a vanilla latte and using their complimentary internet. I paid too much for the vehicle, so this is the least they can do to make up for it. :poke:

I got a good story to tell.

My oldest child was looking for a good used truck, he found one at a local dealership for a good price. Had 1k to put down towards it. He goes to the DS and makes offer, Then goes and get's financing for it at a credit union....done deal...all the i's have been dotted and T's have been crossed and money exchanged hands.
My son brings the truck home to show me and ask if I would go back up there with him to get his car that he drove there. Sure....I was just working in the yard and didn't have much else to do. So we get up there, park, he gets out and I slide over to the driver seat of the truck. I was about to start the truck when all of the sudden the passenger side door files open and some man was asking to see the sales paper, there had been a big mistake. I'm thinking he's damn lucky I didn't have my gun with me cause he would have gotten a face full of it....this guy scared the crap outta me. I didn't see him coming and to open the door with out first knocking on it I felt was rude. He sees the papers sitting on the console and grabs them tells my son and me that we need to come in and talk about this deal. He's almost in the dealership before I can even get out of the truck. We meet him in his office and he begins to tell my son that they didn't charge him enough and wanted more money.....I'm sure I had flames shooting out of my eyes at that moment. I was getting so freak'n mad at this rude man.
This was my son's first time ever dealing with a dealership and he looks at me with that "what the heck do I do now look"
I very sternly told the man they were NOT getting any more money... unless he wanted to give back the money my son gave them it was a done deal!
Then man then had the nerve to look at me and say "well it looks like he got one over on us" That's when I lost it on this guy. As if my son was some master at deception and some how "got one over" on the poor dealership. I so wanted to stomp that man down in the ground. I was mad for day's and wanted to let the owner of this dealership know what a piece of crap he had working for him. Come to find out the owner of that dealership is the same one that owns the Toyota dealer where he, my son, works. :laugh:

I wonder how many people this man has done this to and how many fall for it? I still get extremely mad thinking about it. I would love to see that guy again and punch him in the gut!:laugh:

I would have had a much more violent reaction..

Oh yes, there would have been blood...

I would have to agree with Projekt. I would have ensured that he knew he crossed a line he didn't want to. Of course if I find myself down that way maybe I can come and visit :laugh:

I read that post... sounds all to familiar :laugh: (worked for GM a few years)..

I just bought a new vehicle (Dodge SXT) and had a smoking deal worked up (almost 50% off sticker) and was paying cash for the thing.. Well I figured there was no reason to miss out on all the credit card points :whistle: and you should have seen the look on their faces when they realized they had not accounted for the 3% they were going to have to pay on the charge :laugh: It was closing time and the sales manager was already gone for the night and the guy had been pretty well drilled on the "if they leave" thing, so they signed it off and away I went..

It was awful nice of them to fill the thing with gas and wash it before I left.. :)

I'm surprised they let you pay with credit. Some dealers refuse to do so for exactly the reason you mentioned. 3% is a LOT of profit.

OMG I cant tell you how many people worked us for the rebates you only get when financing only to then say they want the same for cash. In the end we always did.
I honestly beleive that they discussed these things at Temple.....:whistle:
Century Village was one mile from us and we used to send them 10 dozen donuts everyday to the clubhouse. We used to sell 100 cars a month to that one development between new and used. We thought we were working them but I think they were over there eating donuts plotting against us in groups. Worst thing was when one guy tells another he is paying 500 a month not 600. Neighbor comes in and wants same. We so it aint so. Guy says he does not lie, I have known him for 40yrs ! We show him Buyers order from other person and they either pay up or leave.

Vonderbach says :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at a dealer now, getting service on the G37. I'm sipping on a vanilla latte and using their complimentary internet. I paid too much for the vehicle, so this is the least they can do to make up for it.

Too funny..I regulary visit JM Lexus the largest dealer in the states I believe.
They have a FREE panini bar where you get same . Lattes, croissants, fresh FL OJ, and a nice Panini sand all free.
And you know what....I dont even own a Lexus....:rofl:
Dont know anyone who works there but the place is so big you can just fit right in.....:laugh:

ps nice car that G37 is !

the wifer and I bougth a new chevy impala last year...took in a 95 monte carlo for trade..the sales guy says they want to check out the trade and asked if they could inspect it and take it for a drive...i watch this a- hole get in the monte carlo(still our car) he hammers the gas peddle peals out in the parking lot and takes of around the corner like he stole the thing...he comes back about 3 minutes later and i see him slamming the brakes on the car and skidding and acting like a jack-_ _ _ he comes back in and proceds to tell me all the things wrong with my trade and whats its going to cost them to fix it...i actually jumped across the desk and tackled the guy and punched him....cops came out...I knew all 3 cops that came out...had them check the video tape footage of what this guy was doing to my trade vehicle...he got arretsed and lost his job..i got the car for a good price and the trade ended up recieving 2 broken rocker bolts from the way that ahole drove it...i think the lot ended up fixing it and still made $ on it as i see the old monte carlo around town all the time now....got the 2008 impala for 10g:laugh:

djsin.
Salesman broke first rule of SELLING !
Never insult the customers !
It is a careful balance between pointing out things and saying well I am gonna have to take off 500 for this and that or making the customer believe the real value of his car.
I had no problem giving people exactly what their car was worth in that current market day, but I would not give Kelly Blue book internet or Edmunds pricing. 90% of the time both were 10-20% high.
I had a beautiful line for folks who did not believe their car was only worth 20k when kelly says it was worth 24k.
I used to tell them go home go back to same page on Kelly and scroll all the way down to bottom of the page.
There you will see a "sell now to Kelly" button and you can click it and then they will come pick up your car with a check in hand.
Now you have to understand these would be folks so old we could believe they can still drive.
They would say there is no such button and I would say exactly now will you take 22k for the trade and take it home now.
They would laugh and we would gain a customer....:rofl:

If you can sit down with an 88 yr old man for over an hour and talk about nothing but battles he was in and be exaclty familiar with what he is saying it takes you fives minutes to close him when you finally ask him for his business. Worked 100% of the time.
Customers were amazed in the end at how they wound up driving home in a new car because we talked for two hours about the Lobster bar in Mass we both used to go to or about the Big One and only five minutes about the deal.

You cant go in and insult the trade and hammer them on the price and expect to deliver a car in 30 minutes.

Used to drive the salesmen crazy when I went in on a close because for at least a good time they had no idea what was going on but they knew the longer I took the better their chances were.

Secondly you sound like my older bro who would have done same. :thumbsup:

Fast, slow sale....good price, bad price...nice salesman...azzhole salesman....doesn't matter! Buying a new car ranks right up there with getting your nails pulled out. :puke:

Fast, slow sale....good price, bad price...nice salesman...azzhole salesman....doesn't matter! Buying a new car ranks right up there with getting your nails pulled out.

Correctomundo !
It sucked working at a dealer.
While I excelled at it because as with any job you should put forth a good effort I did not like it really as much as other jobs I have had.

Back