Questionable Shooting

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
yep he is going to jail...last time i checked you cant shoot anybody for anything outside of your own residence unless your life is in jeopardy...

Whoa there....the guy was stealing items from his TRUCK. How is this deserving of being shot? Sure, in the wild west, this might be common practice, but I would like to think we're a bit more civilized.

And I'm a CCW holder, so I'm not a lefty anti-gun advocate.

dsjin beat me to it. (But for clarity, Castle Doctrine applies to your vehicles in some states.)

Last edited:
It will all depend on how his state laws are written...some states have a "castle" law and some are written to define it as if we have to run hide first then only shoot if someone comes to us to do harm.... bottom line in my book... My land, my law...bring it to me and expect it to be returned tenfold, I'll take a trial over a funeral any day(I'll come out in better shape and well educated). And especially if I manage to naturally deselect some schlep in the process.
Val

It will all depend on how his state laws are written...some states have a "castle" law and some are written to define it as if we have to run hide first then only shoot if someone comes to us to do harm....

Except the homeowner was not in the vehicle. He ran out to the theif. I think this is a pretty clear cut case of 2nd degree murder.

Whoa there....the guy was stealing items from his TRUCK. How is this deserving of being shot? Sure, in the wild west, this might be common practice, but I would like to think we're a bit more civilized.

And I'm a CCW holder, so I'm not a lefty anti-gun advocate.

dsjin beat me to it. (But for clarity, Castle Doctrine applies to your vehicles in some states.)

Some states allow protection of not only your life, but your property. That's the problem here in the US, being a thief gets you a couple years or even just probation. Steal in Saudi Arabia and your hands are cut off. There's little to no incentive here for thieves to stop doing what they do. It's not about being barbaric or inhumane, it's about getting what you deserve. If someone hauled off with your bike is it fair that you worked to pay for it and they do nothing and now have your bike to ride or part out and profit? Heck no! And regardless of whether you have insurance and they pay out, everyone else now pays the price in higher premiums because the theft rate just went up. I would love to see more extreme laws in place as other countries do to deal with crime, we'd be a much more civilized society even if it does seem "cruel" or unjust as many people may view it. They usually only feel that way until they're victims, then they want the book thrown at the perp and find out the hard way that the rights of the perp are protected more than their rights as a victim.

guess if the guy had not been stealing, he would not have contracted "lead poisoning" and this would not have even been an issue...

In middle east, they just chop of your hand(s) Much more civil :)

Probably should have shot a few rounds into the air.

Now if inside the house, Shoot first, Then shoot some more, and ask questions later

Some states allow protection of not only your life, but your property.

NVM, I found the Texas law......wow. I'm sorry, but I love my 2nd amendment, but that's just insane. Where do you draw the line? Can you shoot someone for stealing an orange from your tree?

Last edited:
I agree with Demmy... someone is stealing from my car, ill just scare them and get them tot he ground and call the cops.. someone comes into my house, im calling the cops so they can come get the body.

But i dont think she should have shot the woman.

I agree with Demmy... someone is stealing from my car, ill just scare them and get them tot he ground and call the cops.. someone comes into my house, im calling the cops so they can come get the body.

But i dont think she should have shot the woman.

Thread Jack

Tony did you get the PM about your bike. ( I pointed someone your way )

In Texas, you do have the right to protect your home & property, especially at night. And you do not have to retreat. However, I think he is screwed when it comes to shooting the woman, who doesn't seem to have been a threat.

I just watched the follow-up on the 11 am news. There have been numerous break-ins in that area, and this guy's truck had been stolen twice previously & broken into before. I can assume he was pretty fed up.

In Texas, you do have the right to protect your home & property, especially at night. And you do not have to retreat. However, I think he is screwed when it comes to shooting the woman, who doesn't seem to have been a threat.

I just watched the follow-up on the 11 am news. There have been numerous break-ins in that area, and this guy's truck had been stolen twice previously & broken into before. I can assume he was pretty fed up.

TWICE? That'll get the trigger finger real itchy in a hurry, someone's gotta scratch it! :laugh:

I'm always amazed that some people will think the 2nd amendment is only for the last possible second of lifesaving and not as a protection of life and land(property)... bottom line, theft is damage (no matter if its your oxygen tank or your bike)... done by a single perpetrator, a group of people or a horde of zombies. If they come to me they better be faster and meaner...or go find someone else.

i'm always amazed that some people will think the 2nd amendment is only for the last possible second of lifesaving and not as a protection of life and land(property)... Bottom line, theft is damage (no matter if its your oxygen tank or your bike)... Done by a single perpetrator, a group of people or a horde of zombies. If they come to me they better be faster and meaner...or go find someone else.
+100 :beerchug:

I'm always amazed that some people will think the 2nd amendment is only for the last possible second of lifesaving and not as a protection of life and land(property)... bottom line, theft is damage (no matter if its your oxygen tank or your bike)... done by a single perpetrator, a group of people or a horde of zombies. If they come to me they better be faster and meaner...or go find someone else.

I don't care how you phrase it, a vehicle is not worth somebody's life. Now I'm not saying that these people deserve sympathy, far from it. But as a person, we should value life above property, no matter what they choose to do with it. I will shoot you dead if you enter my home or my vehicle (while I'm in it.) But I will not kill someone for taking a material posession. However, I might brandish the weapon and provoke a confrontation, which may result in a shooting. There is a fine line, but the line exists.

Last edited:
you should never let anyone know you have a gun unless your shooting it at them. its against the law to show a gun as a threat. its not leverage its protection. if they wouldve got away and he not shot at him they couldve either shot back or came back with one.

in tx your allowed protection of personal property. a guy in houston i believe shot 1 or 2 illegals. they were leaving his neighbors house. and cops were in route. he didnt get any time. id be surprised to see this guy get time. they got what they deserved. thieves escalate or get caught. they could be invading homes armed later on.

Back