Anyone climbed Everest?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
Seeing that we have a bunch of adrenaline junkies here, I wondered if anyone has ever accomplished this or plans to in the future?

I'm seeing prices starting at $25K for the most basic of services. I can't be sure if I will ever have enough money to drop that kind of cash for "an experience." But I would definitely say it's on the top 5 in my dream bucket list.

I was reminded of this after seeing this thread https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/123347-foothills-himalayas.html

Last edited:
Does it count if oftentimes life feels like you're climing Everest? :laugh:

I'll have to say, that's not on my list, but I have tons of respect for those that stand at the bottom and start heading for the top. Best of luck in getting that checked off your list :bowdown:

Too old and and fat to climb it, but I'd sure like to JUMP it!

I seriously looked into jumping into the North Pole about 10 years ago; coulda, shoulda, didn't...

Too old and and fat to climb it, but I'd sure like to JUMP it!

I seriously looked into jumping into the North Pole about 10 years ago; coulda, shoulda, didn't...

Now that would be awesome....... and cold. ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Great question (and timely, too, since Discovery started airing their "Everest" series from the '09 climb). Anyone? Would be great to hear a story.

Only to base camp as we were doing environmental studies years ago. It is a freeway up there.

The people I have the most respect for are the Sherpas. You think your fit...these guys will eat your breakfast, lunch and dinner all day long.

Still, base camp is like, what, 17,000 feet? And it must be crazy going from the tropical environment of Katmandu to the Himalayas ....

Rainer is the most Ive done... loved it but I want to keep my nose/toes/wiggly bits so Everest I will pass on :) know a guy who sherpas Everest... they don't call him "no nose Bob" for nothing... more power to you though.
Val

Nothing but awe and respect for those that have done Everest. Highest I have climbed is Mt Fuji...have passed by it on a few ocassions while on a plane so getting to the summit was a hoot.

There was an article in Country Living, which is a magazine put out by Ohio Rural Electric about "High Pointing". It's where you stand on every highest point in every state of the Union. Some even do highest point in every County of one particular state. Guess you could expand that to every COUNTRY in the world..

Wouldn't even make it to my to 1000 list....hate the cold too dang much and that's on the extreme end of the cold spectrum. :laugh:

There was an article in Country Living, which is a magazine put out by Ohio Rural Electric about "High Pointing". It's where you stand on every highest point in every state of the Union. Some even do highest point in every County of one particular state. Guess you could expand that to every COUNTRY in the world..

That's got to be really exciting in Florida. :laugh:

We were watching the shows on Discovery last night on and off. When I saw the line of 800 people climbing Everest, my interest waned somewhat.

I'd probably hate it because everyone would be yelling at me to keep moving while I was setting up my tripod to take photos every fifty yards along the path.

I have not. But i did hike long's peak. the tallest mtn in colorado national park. it was awesome. I had never even been on a mtn b4. the locals were impressed

I work for a doc that has climbed everest. Dr. Doug Beall. Good doc

I'm with ya man! But...It would take some serious training and money so it will probably stay just a dream for me. And the litter(old tents,gear and O2 tanks) would kill my pristine image of what it I imagine it to be like. Keep the dream.:thumbsup:

Once they install a covered, heated escalator and a Marriott Marquis with the glass enclosed bar / lounge at the summit, Ill do it...

:beerchug::beerchug:

For now, those Sherpas are on their own.

:talk2hand:

I was just thinking with that much traffic going up and down the mountain I'm surprised McDonald's hasn't built a location there yet...

Back