My version of a Christmas Miracle

S-R Racing

Registered
Normally I keep my private life quiet but this I thought I should share.
First a bit of history, during the early 90's my life took a turn down a VERY rocky road filled with drugs and drinking-leaving a trail of waste,lost time & people who cared and needed me, left behind & filled with hurt. Fast forward a bit to Oct. 2nd, 1999. My 31st birthday-& on my way to the bar to get smashed, just like the previous 12 years before. I order my usual Mist & coke, and the nice bartender lady serves it to me just how I like it-90% Mist & just enough coke to give it color. I put it to my mouth to take a gulp (no sippin' here), it burns my mouth & lips just like I had siphoned gas WTH!! I push it back and tell the bartender lady I'm all done with drinking! With a bit of shock she says, "Ok,see you later?" This had to be my parents prayers being answered because there was no 12 steps, no AA meetings, no rehab- just that momment & I quit. Life was getting better for each and every month from that piont on. It was another 3 years before I was completely sober though because of the drug part-again on my birthday,10/2-03. Since then life has become a joy every day, but there is still things to fix. And as for the quitting thing, no pat on the back or great job and all that,there are millions of people around the world who are productive,normal members of our world who have done this as part of life, I just joined them:rulez:
Fast forward again to Friday, Nov 13th 2009, (Yes, Friday the 13th) I get home from work,shower,eat, & then set down to check out the net. Not much happening on here, so I click on to myspace to see whats new there-new friends request, humm, let see. OMG!!!! It says Sarah wants to be friends-almost fainting and crying out of control, I finally click on the message, expecting it to read " hi you worthless bum & thanks for nothing...." Instead it reads simply "Hi Dad, I miss you and really glad I found you! Would love to talk to ya, heres my number xxx-xx.... Love Sarah":please: After writing Sarah a long letter first detailing all my stupidity and selfish choices and alot of hows & whys, namely why I chose to stay away so that my reckless life style wouldn't cause her any more hurt & didn't want to pop in & out of her life. Now that I was able to be a proper role model and do what a real man would do-be a real father, I had been hoping and praying for this day but also feared being told what I truly deserved. Once again she replied, "Dad, thank you for sharing the truth,much of this mom didn't share. I knew of the drinking but didn't know about the drugs, I'm glad your better now. We all make mistakes-we cant change our past either. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. I don't care about the past, but we have from now on... so quit typing and call me. Love Sarah" So then after a 4 hour phone call, we have been like glue ever since and Sarah has come to spend the weekend several times as well as this Christmas holiday which has been nothing short of amazing,considering my deeds and actions-I deserve nothing:banghead: I must also say that Sarah's mom, Debbie is an amazing lady for raising Sarah to be such a smart and talented young lady, despite little or no help from me. $220 month that was hit and miss at best. THIS is the best gift I will EVER recieve while on this earth. This chapter in my life will never close again. Sarah fit like a glove with Kris's 2 daughters and I now finally feel complete again. Thank you,Lord:please:
And of couse the pics:thumbsup: Also a special thank you to Bob & Sheryl (Ninjakiller) for helping me keep tabs from afar these last few years. BTW,that nice lady bartender-thats my Kristine, we started dating about a week after I quit drinking, just 10 wonderful years ago. Thanks for believing in me-even at my worst:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

sarah1.jpg

Sarah 09 002.jpg

Sarah 09 006.jpg

Sarah 09 014.jpg

Sarah 09 011.jpg

xmas 09 003.jpg

xmas 09 004.jpg

xmas 09 024.jpg

Congratulations on getting things turned around. :thumbsup:

"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor." - Henry David Thoreau

Thanks for sharing. Glad things worked out for you guys. Forgiveness is an awesome thing!

A daughters love is truely special, I almost lost mine because of my stupid choices and my ex wife, thank god I divorced that woman and got my life straight with my daughter. Kudos to you my friend, thank you for sharing.

John , Remember God granted you a 2nd chance. I know you will be a great father & friend to Sarah. I can tell after talking with you How much this has filled that gap in your heart. You deserve this my Friend . God Bless You & All your Family !

On a side note : "You have definately aged " :laugh:

Holler @ me some time Bro !

That is an amazing and inspiring story. So glad things have worked out for you!!!! What a beautiful family you have!

That is such a wonderful story!!! I'm so happy for you and your daughter... :thumbsup:

That's great, John! :beerchug: Congrats!

Happy New Year! ...and many more with you and your daughter

Back