What would you do?

ditchdr

Registered
What would you do if you found a amount of money in a parking lot?

I was getting fuel at the Kangaroo the other night and found a white envlope with a large amount of cash in it.. At first I am as happy as a bus full of fat mexican women on the way to see Ricky Martin. Then i got to thinking, With the amount in it, it seems right about a house payment or someones rent.

So I call the cops and pretty much get told they dont care. Next I walk in to the gas station tell them I found a envlope with money in it. If anyone comes up looking have them call me. I did not tell them the amount, or what kind of envlope it was in or any of that stuff to keep the dishonest ones away.

Well it has been 2 days and no phone calls. If the money is not claimed by the end of next week I am gonna donate it to MUSC Childrens hospital.

So what would you do if you found it?

008-4.jpg

Sounds like you covered all the bases. Cops don't give a rat's. Nobody came back looking for it.
Probably someones drug profits rather than rent or house payment.
Legitiment rent or HP, 98% of the time, is going to go into the bank, then out to the landlord or mortgage company in the form of a check or money order.
Give it to the kids.

I think you did all you could. I give you props for doing what you have been to find the owners.:bowdown: Not too many people left in the world are that honest any more. It's sad to say, but if that happened here in Sacramento you have about a 80% chance it was someones drug money.

After making an honest attempt you could. If you are not on the edge financially giving the money to some good cause is a great way to give the money a useful home.

Good on you for doing this!:beerchug:

Props to you!!

You've done all you can. I bet someone will try to make contact about it before the week's up. If not, I think the idea is great!

Most places have cameras now. Usually there real good and you could get a tag. They do that to catch gas drive offs, could also run the registers against credit cards, anyway it's hard to believe the popo said they didn't give a rats......... good luck with it.

Donate it to the person who sent you to Urgent Care yesterday and saved your life :whistle:

Seriously I think the childrens hospital or maybe a cancer center.... whatever is closest to your heart.

Kudos to you for trying to find the owner of the money, but I know you have been having tough times. Wait an appropriate amount of time for the owner to come forward, then do what you feel led to do. Good luck, and I like to think good Karma comes back around every now and then.

Most places have cameras now. Usually there real good and you could get a tag. They do that to catch gas drive offs, could also run the registers against credit cards, anyway it's hard to believe the popo said they didn't give a rats......... good luck with it.

It was North Charleston PD, I did not tell them the amount. Dispatcher pretty much told me they were very busy and did not have time ot look into it that night

Ditto what everyone else has said. By disclosing only the fact that you found an envelope with cash, you left the proper information so that the legitimate owner could locate you. At this point, they either have no idea where they left it or they don't care. Either way, donating it is perhaps the most benevolent things I can imagine. I don't know that I would be able to donate it myself, so you've got major class.

You did good Brother.

Me, I have a crap load of bills that need to be paid so it would probably go to helping me get caught up.

If your not needing the money, I like the idea of donating it to a worthy cause. Something to do with Kids or Animals is always nice.

You have tried to find the proper owner. What you do with it after a reasonable waiting period is your business either way you did the right thing props.

The police were probably busy enforcing the law which is why they are called law enforcement not lost money enforcement. :poke:

Back