riding goals

busa-saga

Registered
the idea of touring the US (on the busa) keeps lingering in my head..read some articles of guys who tour the world and it blows my mind. i bet there's some folks who've done some crazy riding here.interested if folks have goals or dreams.

If you add up Ba Busa's miles I bet he has traveled this country multiple times Check out the Ironbutt guys.

If I win millions in the lottery I'd be up for a tour of the US on the Busa.

Now back to the sober, straight, real world.
Goals: Do as many track days as possible, go to the '10 Indy MotoGP (second trip), and just riiide. (I know it can't rain every weekend, all summer, again. Not 3 years in a row, it just can't:please:)

I'd love to ride to the west coast and back but would never be able to take the time off work to do it and stop to enjoy the sites. :-(

Just money stoppin me. Cant pay the bills if i dont go to work, and wouldnt be able to buy gas for long :laugh:

Thinking about doing some small trips 500-1500 miles roundtrips on my days off. I work weekends so I'm off 3-4 days at a time per week. Trying to get everything together so I can start late spring. Need a couple of more items before I start. :whistle:

My number one riding goal is to ship my bike to Europe,:thumbsup: attend the Isle Of Man TT,:cheerleader: then tour ALL OVER Europe! :beerchug: I'm just waiting for that ship to come in bearing bags and bags of money! And IF that happens I promise to take my Busa family with me! :welcome:

i may get the opportunity to tour around europe a bit, depends on where i get stationed.

Start by trying short 300-500 mile weekend getaways then work up to 750-1000 miles one way. I did two trips to Alabama, one to Deals Gap, one to Daytona. All told I racked up close to 17,000 miles this year.

One of the things I want to do in 2010 is visit the site of the Hunley. The Confederate submarine that was raised three years ago and is on display in Charleston, South Carolina.

I belong to the Iron Butt Association and have done several IBA rides and do what I have to, to get somewhere but I just don't ride LD just for the sake of being an LD rider. I don't want to go 1,000 miles just to "do it" unless there's a destination behind the 1000.

I carry all my camping gear because it's fun to hang out by the fire at night and it also allows me to save big $. I motel when I need to especilly if I'm gone 10 or more days.

Start by trying short 300-500 mile weekend getaways then work up to 750-1000 miles one way. I did two trips to Alabama, one to Deals Gap, one to Daytona. All told I racked up close to 17,000 miles this year.

One of the things I want to do in 2010 is visit the site of the Hunley. The Confederate submarine that was raised three years ago and is on display in Charleston, South Carolina.

I belong to the Iron Butt Association and have done several IBA rides and do what I have to, to get somewhere but I just don't ride LD just for the sake of being an LD rider. I don't want to go 1,000 miles just to "do it" unless there's a destination behind the 1000.

I carry all my camping gear because it's fun to hang out by the fire at night and it also allows me to save big $. I motel when I need to especilly if I'm gone 10 or more days.

do u have any pics of ur bike(s) set up during one of these rides??
Posted via Mobile Device

touring on the Busa is a blast! people just don't believe that it is comfortable enough to ride long distances for multiple days but it is once you work up to it...like wardie said, start with some shorter trips and build your way up, then head out

Lucy and i have been from Wisconsin to North Carolina to the Gulf Coast to Oklahoma (been to Nevada on her but we trailered to Utah so i don't count that) and am in the process of planning some more trips for this next year...i did my first IBA run this past year with BusaWhipped and am going to try to do another one this year somewhere between the MnG's and various other rides

the thing that helped me the most was talking to others like DaCol who have been doing this kind of riding for years...there is also quite a bit of info on the internet from riders describing what to expect during your rides and the equipment you need to make sure to carry along with you for emergencies

at the end of the day though, all it's about is throwing your leg over your ride and checking out some new scenery and meeting new friends :beerchug:

IMG_3740 (Large).jpg

thanks for the info guys.i really appreciate it! this past summer I spent alot of time doing plenty of 300 mile trips. i covered a great deal of my resident state (NH) and would expand to neighbouring states Maine, MA and VT.i'll agree the busa is a great touring bike.2 upgrades i did that REALLY helped make the rides comfy were heli bars and the gel seat. looking into the buell peg mod for next summer. i still want to do more riding before i attempt the US tour...next summer niagra falls,NY is mapped out. Might head to KS to visit fam!

I've done the distance rides, i love 'em, but.....

Track days..i hope to do 3 or 4 of them this year. All the while practicing my butt off on all the Ohio twisties i can find.

Back