Oklahoma white christmas

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
Really the Oklahoma Blizzard. pics of Christmas eve and Christmas Day. 50-60mph wind caused the large snow drifts on east-west roads and the entire interstate system was shutdown.
This is the 13th white Christmas on record in Oklahoma. Lucky number? or unlucky? Guess it is a matter of perspective.

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

Yep, last white Christmas we had was in 2002. Roads were really bad in Tulsa. The morning should be interesting.

Oklahoma winters look pretty harsh. I hope everyone is safe and warm.

nice hat :thumbsup:

what part of the state you in?

went out today and it was a skating rink in some spots. two blocks from my house one truck got stuck. then another trying to pull the first one out. then another trying to avoind the first two. it was ridiculous.

Wow, you know that trucker was NOT happy! Nice pictures. Not a cloud in the sky for you today! Hopefully you have better weather ahead! :beerchug:

you have more snow than we do... it rained here all night and all day as well.. all our white stuff is gone... :)

you have more snow than we do... it rained here all night and all day as well.. all our white stuff is gone... :)

News said 14.1 was the official snow fall, the most in Oklahoma recorded history for a single day.
The drifts were the deal breaker, most east-west roads were closed and still are. It is like navigating a maze. People don't listen and drive without snow tires or 4WD. They get stuck and shut down the road, interstate included. All services are stretched beyond limits. Police fire and ambulance cannot get through the drifts. It is a very dangerous situation. Where we live it is almost impossible to get through without 4WD. We just don't see this much snow to be prepared for it. Freezing temps expected for the next week, if not longer. (Something to do with global warming)

I got a chill just looking at those pix.

Brrr...Hope you-ins' is staying warm and safe over there... :beerchug:

People don't listen and drive without snow tires or 4WD. Where we live it is almost impossible to get through without 4WD. We just don't see this much snow to be prepared for it.

When I bought my new truck I had to make that decision, 4x4 or not, I really couldnt justify the extra cost and gas mileage for something you dont use hardly at all here for weather conditions.

I could really have used it yesterday and today, But still stand by my decision not to get it, Ice will be pretty much gone in a couple days.

I will just stay home

Last edited:
we didnt get quite as much at my house but it was about 4 inchs and then the drifts were closer to 12 heres a pic of my front yard

snow 010 (Medium).jpg

Back