Tools

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Who make the best tools, Snap-on, Craftsman, some other brand? I want your opinion.

I like both Craftsman and Snap-On. Craftsman is like they say cheaper, but is also easier to get unless you have an account with Snap-On or know someone who works for them. I never seem to be around when the Snap-On guy shows up. :(

Both quality and price. I picked snap-on and craftsman because they were the brands that came to mind.

I like both Craftsman and Snap-On. Craftsman is like they say cheaper, but is also easier to get unless you have an account with Snap-On or know someone who works for them. I never seem to be around when the Snap-On guy shows up. :(

That's because you're hanging out in the chat room :whistle:

Both quality and price. I picked snap-on and craftsman because they were the brands that came to mind.

Well I believe the old saying is true.. You get what you pay for.

For the overall quality and price I would stick with Craftsman. While there are alot of other brands out there that are cheaper you don't get the quality. You can get better quality through Snap-On but the price kinda kills it.

So I would pick craftsman to meet your criteria.

Sears has craftsman + gearwrench and the replace both when they break. Snap on has a ton of speciality tools that are great if you need them...higher quality, but for the regular person at home...there are alternatives. Once you have all the regular sockets and screwdrivers...there are some nice handled nut drivers, T handled hex drivers, micro pliers...sears sells them also. Harbor freight has a bunch of low cost sets that will work also. An example of snap on...it is $60 reg cost for the spark plug socket for the 07 hayabusa...the socket is long enough, has a foam piece inside to grip the plug, and is knurled to spin by hand...it is great, but pricey. I bought the snap on 3/8th cordless impact + extra battery $500+ I use it all the time at the track / shop...it makes the job way easier.

snap-on craftsmen Mack tools
but i use craftsmen i like that when or if i break something i can go to sears and get it replaced for free

I like Craftsman. But, A few years back, my wife got me a whole mess of stanley tool and haven't had a problem with them yet.

I get snap-on in the specialty stuff and craftsman in everything else. :thumbsup:

If I made my living as a mechanic I might consider Snap-On. Since I'm not a professional mechanic, Craftsman provides a "good enough" level of quality, and a much better value.

I can take the money I saved by not buying Snap-On and buy stock in Sears instead. In the long term, I'll probably be better off financially than if I had a tool chest with $30k in tools in it. :laugh:

It's going to take me a few years to fill this thing up anyway. :rofl:

4157224380_a9c37ccfc8_o.jpg

Mac, Cornwell, Blue Point, Snap On, Matco. Top shelf, all have features that make them useful for folks that use them on a daily basis, professional mechanics etc. Price is higher.
Craftsman is slightly lower on the totem pole, perfect for the amateur gearhead and the best value for money.
I use Harbor Freight for the specialty tools I need, stuff is of lower quality, but most of it carries a lifetime warranty also....

Kobalt make decent tools also, and they have the coolest toolbox ever also.....
Yes that is a fridge and a stereo in it...

tool_storage_area5.jpg

Back