Post Office and UPS

Yes, it's a special service that allows UPS and FedEx businesses to save money on residential delivery surcharges. Basically it's picked up by FedEx/UPS and then shipped to the destination city where the postal service sorts and delivers. It's really only a benefit for the shipper. I just signed up for FedEx Smartpost, which is the equal to what UPS just did for you.

There's also the benefit of Saturday delivery at no extra charge. So I guess that might help the end user in some cases.

Last edited:
I worked at Fed Ex loading the trucks, I'd usually see at least 1 UPS or USPS box go to my truck each week.

It was weird. I haven't had that happen before. I was waiting for a Big Brown truck and got a Little White Jeep. I was mad too because the UPS truck drove past my house yesterday and I thought they forgot me:laugh:

Yeah, I just got tracking numbers for UPS delivered via USPS...thought that was odd too, but like said guess it's something new they're trying~!~

Disadvantage: USPS tracking sucks, LoL ~!~ I like UPS tracking with updated info everytime the package changes hands...a very nice feature

Back