Survivor...wth

How can Russell lose to Natalie....:banghead: Ohh well....another winner I wasn't expecting...like Ozzy losing.

Russell played a good game with his total manulipulation of everyone. The thing he forgot about is making sure you get jury votes, that is part of the game too. You can have the jury see you as a **** even if you played a good game.

I'm so mad that Natalie won. Russell played the better game hands down but when it comes to the jury vote it's usually a popularity contest.

And how dumb was it to turn down the money Russell offered for the title?

She rode his coattails the whole time. 3 amunity idols with no clues and the final challenge, he should have won. He is arrogant but played a better game.

I'm so mad that Natalie won. Russell played the better game hands down but when it comes to the jury vote it's usually a popularity contest.

She rode his coattails the whole time. 3 amunity idols with no clues and the final challenge, he should have won. He is arrogant but played a better game.

Isn't stacking the jury also part of playing the game?

How can Russell lose to Natalie....:banghead: Ohh well....another winner I wasn't expecting...like Ozzy losing.

Russell played a good game with his total manulipulation of everyone. The thing he forgot about is making sure you get jury votes, that is part of the game too. You can have the jury see you as a **** even if you played a good game.

Isn't stacking the jury also part of playing the game?

Who is Natalie, who is Russell, What the heck is survivor ???

Natalie played the game the only way she COULD play it and won; found someone (Russell) that she could ride on until the end, and not tick anyone off. An effective strategy for someone who was not going to win on physical merits and she deserved it just as much as Russell did. Didn't hurt that she wore that little bikini around (eye candy).

What kept Russell in the game the entire time is exactly what cost him in the end. Except for the first season, the person that plays it the most devious may get to the end, but usually loses when it comes jury time. Russell also played it the only way he could to win it, but I think the few times he let his ego get in front of his mouth is what cost him. He did lead the entire game and he gets props for that.

What won it for Natalie was the impassioned speech made by Eric at the end. It was HANDS DOWN THE BEST SPEECH I've ever seen in the entire 19 seasons (that's right, I've been with Survivor from the start) of the show. And he hit the nail on the head. While Russell played the game the best, he lost out BECAUSE he played the game the way he played it, deceptively and dishonestly.

The wild thing about Survivor is that, to get ahead, for the most part, there are only two ways to win: 1) Make it to individual immunity and win individual challenges, or 2) Lie/deceive/blindside. And the moment you make it to the final vote, the means you used to get there does a 180 and what WAS successful now gets held against you. Morality does NOT COUNT until you get to the end, then it DOES COUNT.

In the closed environment of Survivor, to make it initially (at least to the merge) you MUST be deceptive in some form, which goes against alot of people's normal character. What make the show interesting and fresh every season IS that dynamic; how strangers form bonds of convenience and maneuver thru the moral minefield to try and reach the final vote WITHOUT alienating too many members of the Jury.

Russell would have done better to have said: "Inside the playing field of Survivor, I've had to do stuff I would NEVER do on the outside" (even if he's lying his tail off). "The only way to get to the final 4 is either to win all the challenges, or be deceptive enough to keep off the chopping block". "It was never personal but it was the only way I could get here; and you've got to admit, Machiavelli would be proud of me". "Don't give me the million because you like me; give me the million because I MASTERFULLY played this game to the conclusion; It wasn't personal".

BTW, he unfortunately showed his true character on the reunion show by being the sore loser.

Man, I'd LOVE to play that game, but I'd get voted out too early because I don't have the social skills, am no longer in good enough shape, and I would not be able to be deceptive enough it's not in me to do it.

Last edited:

He only offered $10K not $100K as Jeff later mispoke. She just won a cool, mil; Russell can keep his money his ego got too big for his mouth.

Natalie played the game the only way she COULD play it and won; found someone (Russell) that she could ride on until the end, and not tick anyone off. An effective strategy for someone who was not going to win on physical merits and she deserved it just as much as Russell did. Didn't hurt that she wore that little bikini around (eye candy).

What kept Russell in the game the entire time is exactly what cost him in the end. Except for the first season, the person that plays it the most devious may get to the end, but usually loses when it comes jury time. Russell also played it the only way he could to win it, but I think the few times he let his ego get in front of his mouth is what cost him. He did lead the entire game and he gets props for that.

What won it for Natalie was the impassioned speech made by Eric at the end. It was HANDS DOWN THE BEST SPEECH I've ever seen in the entire 19 seasons (that's right, I've been with Survivor from the start) of the show. And he hit the nail on the head. While Russell played the game the best, he lost out BECAUSE he played the game the way he played it, deceptively and dishonestly.

The wild thing about Survivor is that, to get ahead, for the most part, there are only two ways to win: 1) Make it to individual immunity and win individual challenges, or 2) Lie/deceive/blindside. And the moment you make it to the final vote, the means you used to get there does a 180 and what WAS successful now gets held against you.

In the closed environment of Survivor, to make it initially (at least to the merge) you MUST be deceptive in some form, which goes against alot of people's normal character. What make the show interesting and fresh every season IS that dynamic; how strangers form bonds of convenience and maneuver thru the moral minefield to try and reach the final vote WITHOUT alienating too many members of the Jury.

Russell would have done better to have said: "Inside the playing field of Survivor, I've had to do stuff I would NEVER do on the outside" (even if he's lying his tail off). "The only way to get to the final 4 is either to win all the challenges, or be deceptive enough to keep off the chopping block". "It was never personal but it was the only way I could get here; and you've got to admit, Machiavelli would be proud of me". "Don't give me the million because you like me; give me the million because I MASTERFULLY played this game to the conclusion; It wasn't personal".

BTW, he unfortunately showed his true character on the reunion show by being the sore loser.

Man, I'd LOVE to play that game, but I'd get voted out too early because I don't have the social skills, am no longer in good enough shape, and I would not be able to be deceptive enough it's not in me to do it.

Definately agree with you on Eric's speech, it clinched it for her.

As for the reunion show, you are dead on.
I really like the show too, just for the reasons you mentioned.

Russell might not have won the million, but if he'd accepted the loss more gracefully, it would have made him look a LOT BETTER in the days/weeks/months that follow. Remember, everybody he knows, every customer he has in his business, has now seen what kind of snake he really is and should take caution.

I'd like to win the million, but if I didn't, I'd still like to have my character and reputation intact it's not worth any amount of money to lose that to me. There are only a select few that have won it all with their character intact (Africa, for instance); and those people won it because they started winning all the individual immunity challenges at key moments in the game. That's why they introduced the hidden immunity idols in the game; to balance the physically strong against the mentally sharp.

Next season looks like it's gonna be a GOOD ONE. Just harder, because everybody playing already knows what every other player's true character is.

Last edited:
i thought it was BS seems like it was just get even time not pick best player.
She was hot in her bikini but no amunity challenge wins didnt find no idols.
I BET she didnt help gather firewood or find food ether.I would have snuk into Monicas tent @ night.

I love the show, but it always bugs me when at the end everyone points to morals and lies and deceptions.........It's a freakin game, one that your playing to win, 1000's of miles aways form the real world.

I believe it should be approached and played as such from the beginning, I mean, I can play a pretty nasty game of monopoly..........But I "RENT" in real life.

if high school had been like survivor, i would've been voted out before second period freshman year, lol.

Back