Ok, so who else is in withdrawal?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Withdrawal can refer to any sort of separation, but is most commonly used to describe the group of symptoms that occurs upon the abrupt discontinuation/separation or a decrease in dosage of the intake of medications, recreational drugs, and/or alcohol. In order to experience the symptoms of withdrawal, one must have first developed a physical dependence (often referred to as chemical dependency). This happens after consuming one or more of these substances for a certain period of time, which is both dose dependent and varies based upon the drug consumed. For example, prolonged use of an anti-depressant is most likely to cause a much different reaction when discontinued than the repeated use of an opioid, such as heroin. In fact, the route of administration, whether intravenous, intramuscular, oral or otherwise, can also play a role in determining the severity of withdrawal symptoms. There are different stages of withdrawal as well. Generally, a person will start to feel worse and worse, hit a plateau, and then the symptoms begin to dissipate. However, withdrawal from certain drugs (benzodiazapines, alcohol) can be fatal and therefore the abrupt discontinuation of any type of drug is not recommended.[citation needed] The term "cold turkey" is used to describe the sudden cessation use of a substance and the ensuing physiologic manifestations.

It's now been 3 weeks since I've had a ride, and I am officially in rider's withdrawl (and skydiver withdrawal at the same time :banghead:)

Symptoms:

- I find myself watching the TT races on HD network til late at night

- I see some poor dude riding to work in 20 degree weather because he probably doesn't have any other transportation, and think "hey, I could do that it doesn't look so bad!"

- Go out in the garage and just look at my bike(s)

- Start my bike(s) just to hear the engine running

- Keep opening and looking at my own Youtube videos

- Getting into political and philosophical arguments on the .org because I'm frustrated and don't have anything new bike-wise to talk about.

- Leave my leathers laying out in the bedroom (Wife complaining that I need to hang them up) just so it doesn't seem so long ago that I put them on..

- Read Busawhipped's thread about an Iron butt thru MO and MS in the middle of the night, thinking, "Hey, that's cool I'd like to do that sometime"...

feel free to post your own withdrawal symptoms :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Definitely here....been 4 weeks since the bike was out....torn down in the garage right now for winter mods. That's the only thing that keeps me sane when the snow flies!

Same here, It has been 2 weeks since last ride and probally be until march or april untill riding again.

I have been looking at every mod I can find to add to the bikes:laugh:

Waiting to see what I get for x-mas, then I am going to burn some money up on stuff:cheerleader:

Need some new gear too

I am seriously jonesing for a ride. The last time I rode was 2 days ago. It was chilly but I managed to survive. That's the only thing I don't like about winter. It gets darker earlier and limits the amount of time I I can admire the new polish on the bike.

:poke:

I live with my bike so I have to stare at it every day all day....

Busa in trailer 001.jpg

Last edited:
Revovering from total Thyroidectomy, just weaned off painkillers. And I going for a ride
in a couple of days, it's bee over a month:beerchug:

up on the rack, new transmission, all clean and shiny.... it is at least up to 34 outside and only a moderate chance of snow... best weather all week...

I have two bikes to fix up over the winter at least...

Only another 90 days or so to first track day of 2010 :)

I am wrenching on an old FZR 600. The harleys are next and then last, the busa. Busa is last just in case a good day over 40 pops up between now and spring..:laugh:

I feel your pain Keith, maybe you should have held off on that track bike work till now! It helps me anyway.

If it doesn't snow this weekend I think I'll take the Harley out. Not as worried about salt damage. I changed the desktop picture on my phone showing my bike in the sun. I also have a countdown timer showing that it's 91 days, 12 hrs, 50 mins until the Spring equinox.

Are you kidding????? We are making up gladiator names in another thread ...:laugh:

WOW, a month without a ride must be total bliss:moon:. I know how that felt only 4 short months ago. Damn, can't even go out to the garage to stare at her. My guys are tired of hearing about the new crap I've bought for her too, oh well. SOON ENOUGH

If it doesn't snow this weekend I think I'll take the Harley out. Not as worried about salt damage. I changed the desktop picture on my phone showing my bike in the sun. I also have a countdown timer showing that it's 91 days, 12 hrs, 50 mins until the Spring equinox.

Ha, the Winter Solstice is only 3 days away and then the days will be getting longer as the Sun rises in its postion in the sky!

Serious withdraw. Bundled up good for an hour ride last Sunday. Getting lots of snow tonight, so I may have missed my chance for the next week or two.

man it was easier when my bike was in PDBusa's garage....at least I didnt see it sitting there every time I went out to the garage. now I get this feeling that I need to do something, ride or point the heater at her or something .... its just soooo cold in the garage with all the wind we've had lately :(

Back