Discuss Avatar here! *possible spoilers as of 12/18*

Takeuon

Registered
Almost time for some serious eye/brain candy lovin'! :cheerleader:

I've been waiting for this movie for over a year now. From all reports, I honestly feel it will revolutionize the movie industry.

I have my tickets and will be 1st in line for the 1st showing @ the Raleigh Imax 3D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For those that want to see it......Enjoy Y'all!

Female Naavi Avatar.jpg

Male Naavi Avatar.jpg

I'm not sure about it. I might take the kid and nephew to see it. But 500million dollar budget it better be succesfull. Or his career may be ended.
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't usually go for these types of sci-fi movies, but I think that I will see this one just to see the latest 3-D technology. Supposed to be many 3-D movies coming out soon, so we made need non disposable glasses soon.:laugh: Also, considering James Camerons other blockbusters,i.e. Terminator, The Abyss, Titanic, etc., this one oughtta be good too. Hope you enjoy it!

I want to go see it this weekend. I don't know if I can find anybody to go with though. May have to go in alone.

My sister in law's husband did most of the Matt painting and concept work in this movie, and he said it should revolutionize the industry. He works close with J. Cameron...Cant wait for it either, I got invited to the Premier show but I couldnt go :cursin: it definately changes from the norm... I could seen many spoilers but chose not to, but from all the concept art and sneak peeks Ive seen, its sure to be a great movie even if you are not into the Sci Fi, they did have a lot of issues while working on it, and at some point it was believed it wasnt gonna make it (art and concept art wise).

If you like this sort of stuff you should check out his site (not trying to promote him)

http://www.dylancolestudio.com/

Last edited:
Wife is taking the little me's to see it this weekend, it does look to be pretty good.

James Cameron does some good stuff - Terminator, Alien, movies that don't suk...should be a good flick. "that's just effin great man, game over, game over".

Last edited:
Well fellow org members....I just back from seeing it! And without giving away to much of the story line....all I can say is ::11 Utterly amazing!
It's really quite hard to put it in words yet, but James Cameron has done it again :clap: The seamless digital effects mixed w/ live action is truly remarkable, and the attention detail is something I've never seen before.
The story line is fairly basic in nature, but you don't need a complex plot to have a movie that can hit home with the heart & be enjoyed by all.
It's like a great amusement park ride that you don't want to end. Visually stunning and an overall great feel good movie that has some really nice environmental undertones.
As expected this Blockbuster has set the bar for the future of movies.

Rock On Hollywood! :super:

Last edited:
Got to preview it last night at chunkeys with a few buckets of beer
It was EPIC :beerchug::beerchug:

I want to go see it this weekend. I don't know if I can find anybody to go with though. May have to go in alone.

If our cinimas are any indication you won't be alone. Of course you may not know the person you are sitting next to. Then again I think you are just getting caught up in the details.

Worth the time. To think I was worried I was going to get something like District 9.

Ok, so they have the movie was released in 3d and non 3d... I have no idea how the movie would work without the 3d... Yea, the story is pretty predictable but the movie is epic in the way "Star Wars" was without a doubt.. better use the restroom before going in and watch your liquid intake... 2h40m is a long movie but was worth it...

Ok, so they have the movie was released in 3d and non 3d... I have no idea how the movie would work without the 3d... Yea, the story is pretty predictable but the movie is epic in the way "Star Wars" was without a doubt.. better use the restroom before going in and watch your liquid intake... 2h40m is a long movie but was worth it...

" better use the restroom before going in and watch your liquid intake... 2h40m is a long movie but was worth it.."

Sounds like me on every Busa road trip....FOG wanna be.

Last edited:
Back