Whats wrong with quiet people

Gurley

Registered
Ok so I have been working at this hospital for 3 years and been to 3 floors. I am a quiet person and I just dont talk a whole lot. However I am very polite and always smile and pretty much speak when spoken to unless I need to tell someone something but I do my job well and never complain. I do not sit around and shoot the bull and get all up in everyones buisness and all that. I feel that work and home are two seperate things; I dont bring my personal life to work with me. However I have been called in my supervisors office twice and the only complaint being I am to quiet; I have to let my co-workers into my life, and let them know things about me. I just dont need to be so quiet; I need to talk to everyone. Seriously what is wrong with being a quiet person and just doing your job!!! Anyone else ever have this problem? Ok rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I have been working at this hospital for 3 years and been to 3 floors. I am a quite person and I just dont talk a whole lot. However I am very polite and always smile and pretty much speak when spoken to unless I need to tell someone something but I do my job well and never complain. I do not sit around and shoot the bull and get all up in everyones buisness and all that. I feel that work and home are two seperate things; I dont bring my personal life to work with me. However I have been called in my supervisors office twice and the only complaint being I am to quite; I have to let my co-workers into my life, and let them know things about me. I just dont need to be so quite; I need to talk to everyone. Seriously what is wrong with being a quite person and just doing your job!!! Anyone else ever have this problem? Ok rant over.

what is a "quite"? person?

really, not ball bustin...

Quiet is what the word was......just misspelled.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being quiet but in work with my experience being quiet won't get you noticed much. It's better to be outgoing in most situations, not nosey, just outgoing which will help you stand out better.

A quiet person can be perceived as a threat in the work place because you never know what they are thinking or if you agree with what they are doing. Be an azzhole like me and no one will want to know your opinion :)

Nothing wrong with it...tell them to sh0ve it..off course you wouldn't be quiet anymore

They are afraid you are going to "flip out".

You know they always say, "She was just so quite. She never bothered anyone. We dont know much about her personal life. We think she was in some kind of bike gang that is on the internet. We cant imagine she would kill them all and line them up like puppets.":laugh:

Last edited:
gotcha...

nothing wrong with quiet. some of the most dangerous people in the world are the quietest.

People tend to see you as cold and distant. Hard to trust, potentially up to something. Nothing behind it, but folks have a hard time with people that won't open up to them.

Pick something totally useless to talk about, your favorite TV show for example. There's several topics that will make people feel better without actually telling them a thing.

Perhaps Gurley meant "quiet'. Er .. not very loud. When you are a "clam" people can project their own notions about what is going on your mind, "too good for them" or such. At any rate perceptions can be off base. People like to be around "personable" sorts that convey a little warmth & empathy. Odd thing for a supervisor to be on about. Try asking peeps about their lives, if you don't want to bring up your own bits.

"It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool....than to speak up and remove all doubt"

Abe Linclon

:laugh:

Still waters run deep. nothing wrong with quiet. Just in your job, people might
think your cold, withdrawn or antisocial. But we know better. best practice some
bedside manner even if you don't mean it. Many don't anyway.

Many if not most people are either paranoid or insecure to a degree. So by being quiet some might take that as a snub or think that you are plotting on them. Just a guess though.

A quiet person can be perceived as a threat in the work place because you never know what they are thinking or if you agree with what they are doing. Be an azzhole like me and no one will want to know your opinion :)

Haha I totally agree!

Some people can't handle "Quiet" people at work. I am guessing most of the people you work with are females because I just don't think guy's would complain about something so petty. They are probably taking it like you are ignoring them and not joining in on everyday "Monday" conversation. I agree that you should leave your home at home and your work at work but some people need that friendly conversation in the work place. Especially if you are in a stressful career.

Most people talk to much. If your talking you're not listening, If your not listening then you're not learning. Be silent and learn. Let them think what they will. OR, Talk their heads off, Then they'll wish you would shut the heck up.:laugh:

Sometimes "quiet" is assocated with disgruntled.
If others are bubbly, enthusiastic and participating, and one person is withdrawn, that may be viewed as being unhappy, or not a team player.
If it were me and I cared about the job then I would fake it.
They have given you a couple of chances to see their point of view (lucky they informed you) and I would take that warning to heart.
You can disclose, and participate and still remain anonymous.
I have seen your other posts and know you can do that.
Hey good luck with it.
I can tell it is bothering you, and you know what the right thing to do is.

I do not sit around and shoot the bull and get all up in everyones buisness and all that. rant over.

A pet peeve: A well-bred 13 year old knows better than to meddle in to
others' private affairs or even to ask questions of personal, intimate nature.
Then why so many adults?!"banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hey Girley!! How have you been?? Its been awhile since ive seen you post...

I am good been busy lately! Have not had a whole lot of computer time.

Sorry about the spelling error actually at work and wasn't paying a bit of attention. lol

Anyway I have put forth an effort to be more talkative. However this does not seem to be enough to satisfy my supervisor. She wants to know my whole life story apparently but she aint gonna get it. I work with all women pretty much and they are always talking about every ones buisness and I just dont do that and I am not gonna start. Its just really starting to irritate me. And yes I am usually up to something:rofl:

I am good been busy lately! Have not had a whole lot of computer time.

Sorry about the spelling error actually at work and wasn't paying a bit of attention. lol

Anyway I have put forth an effort to be more talkative. However this does not seem to be enough to satisfy my supervisor. She wants to know my whole life story apparently but she aint gonna get it. I work with all women pretty much and they are always talking about every ones buisness and I just dont do that and I am not gonna start. Its just really starting to irritate me. And yes I am usually up to something:rofl:

I would be looking for a new place of employment. :whistle: Your life is no ones business unless you choose to make it that way. :moon:

Back