Buell pegs

walker

Registered
i looked up the heli bars; don't think i need those. what are the buell pegs? what's the advantage? anyone got a pic?

they move you feet down and back. More comfort

Moving the bars up also help. I have 3/4" spacers

P.S.

This might get more response in the General Bike Related section. We mostly just like to argue politics and religon over on this side of the fence. :rofl:

One of our members, Joe (GSX1300-T) makes and sells ready to bolt-on kits with instructions and everything you need included. Check them out in the classified section. Highly recommend them.

..or if you are handy with a mill or a file you can get a set for $25 from a Harley store and make them yourself. You will also need to make a new collar for the pin to go through as the Buell Firebolt peg hole is different than the Busa.

There are some threads on how to make them....or you can buy them already made for around $90

:rofl:

repost.jpg

You better buy em quick...buell stuff is well...

dinosaur-skeleton.jpg

Last edited:
well, as long as we're here again, any truth to the "breakage" issue? I've read two comments on this subject before about the buell pegs breaking. Is this a design flaw? or just due to really heavy riders?

prolly heavy riders or a bad cut job(material too thin). I have had mine for a few years and no problems.....I am around 245#

I've ridden my 08 at the track with the Buell pegs on it once. I was scraping the toe of my boot, but the pegs didn't drag. I need to tuck my toes in a bit more when I hang off. :whistle:

cool, I've actually been thinking this one over myself but at 250lbs was really worried about the stories.

I have had them for a couple of years, and can't imagine going back to the stock pegs. :thumbsup:

Back