Finally the stimulus money is really working

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Yes indeed, it appears six million dollars of stimulus money made it's way into the mainstream of america that has actually saved three jobs.

Mark Penn at Burson - Marsteller received six million dollars of job creating stimulus monies. Mark Penn and his PR firm worked for Hillary Clinton during her run for the presidency. Hillary was left owing Mr. Penn 5.7 million dollars and according to news sources Mr. Penn says it saved 3 jobs at his firm.

If this news story is really true (And Lord knows we can't believe everything we hear on the evening news) should we be outraged or happy to see 3 jobs saved? It was also stated that Burson - Masteller was not in financial difficulty!

Anyone here among the three who's job was saved?

Dude, That is wrong on so many levels. The fact that that's actually our money paying for all of this just makes it even worse.

Where I am that much money would save a lot more jobs than that. People are loosing their homes all across this nation and WE save 3 jobs for someone that doesn't need the money. Really gives you a feeling that things are on the upswing doesn't it.

I'm inclined to think there's probably a bit more to the story.

On the other hand, put out some half truths, let the inhabitants of internetland simmer over it until it becomes a boil.

Within a few days you have created a "true" story that can't possibly be refuted because too many believe it.

Firms run by Hillary Clinton pollster Mark Penn stand to make millions from stimulus plan
Republicans Want Answers on a Dubious Stimulus Spending - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

10.jpg

Last edited:
I personally believe that that all the money that has been shelled out has been nothing more than a heist. Regardless of to what company it went too, the money went to the wrong people..... If Robins hood of rob from the rich an giver to the poor was a failure ......

The governments plan of robbing from the poor to give to the rich won't work either:laugh:

From the first link:

Okay, so $4.3 million was spent instead of $6 million. Of that, $3 million paid for nationally run television ads...seems entirely reasonable...television ads aren't cheap.

That $3 million paid for ads helped media outlets who have been struggling with a drop in advertising revenues. Probably helped save a few more jobs.

$1.5 million went to the advertising agency that did the work to produce the campaign. While that may seem high to someone earning $30k/yr. it doesn't seem completely out of line for advertising agency services for a project of this scope.

It appears the "Firms run by Hillary Clinton pollster Mark Penn stand to make millions from stimulus plan" headline is stretching it a bit.

I guess technically speaking $1.5 million is "millions".

He got 12+ pages out of the last troll post, he should have worked a little harder for a better topic this go round.....

Last edited by a moderator:
He got 12+ pages out of the last troll post, he should have worked a little harder for a better topic this go round.....

It will make it's way down to the lowest common denominator. Hoorah to the circus.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bigger crime is the 200B that is coming back from the TARP fund...

they are fighting how to spend it when any sane person would just put it back where it came from... (taxpayer money)...

they are going to circumvent any process that is normally required to spend the money...

most sad... both sides should be ashamed...

Her Legacy, someone mentioned it yesterday. This is how I remember ol Hilliary, :laugh:

No more post for this thread............

I think the bigger crime is the 200B that is coming back from the TARP fund...

they are fighting how to spend it when any sane person would just put it back where it came from... (taxpayer money)...

they are going to circumvent any process that is normally required to spend the money...

most sad... both sides should be ashamed...

Nice thread jack Corky....

From my simple point of view, it appears the Stimulus funds have somehow become a personal slush fund? It seems the people who really need cash to create real jobs have received nothing. However, the economy in Washington DC is booming. No shortage of jobs or money within 50 miles of the white house.

I think threads like this are benificial. It brings out views and ideas from both sides of the ilses giving us a platform to discuss the chrises we are in. If we stick our head in the sand the problems will not go away!

Keep in mind we are all americans and we must work together in whatever avenue we choose in order to dig our way out. Please, be respectful in your posts. Once you begin the name calling you loose all credibility and you have nothing of substance left to offer! :beerchug:

From my simple point of view, it appears the Stimulus funds have somehow become a personal slush fund? It seems the people who really need cash to create real jobs have received nothing. However, the economy in Washington DC is booming. No shortage of jobs or money within 50 miles of the white house.

I think threads like this are benificial. It brings out views and ideas from both sides of the ilses giving us a platform to discuss the chrises we are in. If we stick our head in the sand the problems will not go away!

Keep in mind we are all americans and we must work together in whatever avenue we choose in order to dig our way out. Please, be respectful in your posts. Once you begin the name calling you loose all credibility and you have nothing of substance left to offer! :beerchug:

State your source of information.

the system is broke, an you cannot fix it by printing a billion dollars and handing it out.

you need to repair the system. which is what we have never done, we just keep throwing money down that same hole.

the system is broke, an you cannot fix it by printing a billion dollars and handing it out.

you need to repair the system. which is what we have never done, we just keep throwing money down that same hole.

Holy sh%# this fellas smarter than the whole friggin government. We as a country have been sold out by the POS's in Fed, State and city government.
Do you keep spending more money when your broke? of course not you aren't a TOTAL dumbfk retard. Like bush and obloma.

Back