theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
I Finally got mine :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

BTW you get about 13 hours of video out of a 8GB Card running 1080p @ 30fps

ty pashnit!

IMG_0092.jpg

Oooooo NO you can't! Better check that again...

2 GB is 21 minutes of 1080 HD; I know because I've tested it (see my other threads); 32 GB i think is going to top out at about 6 hours. Also, look at the 720P 16x9 HD mode (not default), the fps record rate is double (for slo mo editing) and comes out as a 16x9 to fit most HD TV's.

It takes a whopping 32 GIGABIT card to go that high; VERY expensive cards; I think I'm going to stick with a 16GB as it's way cheaper. Also, you may have editing trouble as format is now .mp4 instead of .avi which will not run in WMM.

P.S. There are some brand cards that GoPro is having problems with; record speed is IMPORTANT - you can't buy any cheap memory card; see below email I got from GoPro this AM:

--------------------------------------------------------------
RE: GoPro Case 17828: Hero HD Charger?‏
Sent: Mon 12/07/09 12:37 PM

Hi Keith
Awesome video!

Once you set the camera to the 1080p format, it should stay there until you change it or pull the battery out.

You might want to check with Microsoft to see if they have any recommendations for how to best deal with .mp4 files.

We recommend name brand SD cards with a class 4 rating or higher, but have recently come to learn that even some name brand cards such as the Sandisk 32GB, are having compatibility issues with the HD HERO camera.

We are currently working on doing a full listing of recommended (and not recommended) cards. We are researching further to determine why some cards are not adhering to the spec to which our SD card host adapter conforms. For what it's worth, internally we use Kingston or Patriot brand cards: 16GB, Class 4 without issue, so can safely recommend those.

Please do try out one of the Kingston or Patriot brand cards.

Many thanks,

GoPro Support
GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing skydivr:thumbsup:

New cutting edge tech usually comes with growing pains :thumbsup: When info an issues are shared helps out prospective buyers:beerchug:

You sir are correct. i did some math crom a 30 sec file that was 50 MB and....

oh s**t my math was off.......

i got about 2 hours on my 8GB @ that resolution....

i stand corrected.

Oooooo NO you can't! Better check that again...

2 GB is 21 minutes of 1080 HD; I know because I've tested it (see my other threads); 32 GB i think is going to top out at about 6 hours. Also, look at the 720P 16x9 HD mode (not default), the fps record rate is double (for slo mo editing) and comes out as a 16x9 to fit most HD TV's.

It takes a whopping 32 GIGABIT card to go that high; VERY expensive cards; I think I'm going to stick with a 16GB as it's way cheaper. Also, you may have editing trouble as format is now .mp4 instead of .avi which will not run in WMM.

P.S. There are some brand cards that GoPro is having problems with; record speed is IMPORTANT - you can't buy any cheap memory card; see below email I got from GoPro this AM:

--------------------------------------------------------------
RE: GoPro Case 17828: Hero HD Charger?‏
Sent: Mon 12/07/09 12:37 PM

Hi Keith
Awesome video!

Once you set the camera to the 1080p format, it should stay there until you change it or pull the battery out.

You might want to check with Microsoft to see if they have any recommendations for how to best deal with .mp4 files.

We recommend name brand SD cards with a class 4 rating or higher, but have recently come to learn that even some name brand cards such as the Sandisk 32GB, are having compatibility issues with the HD HERO camera.

We are currently working on doing a full listing of recommended (and not recommended) cards. We are researching further to determine why some cards are not adhering to the spec to which our SD card host adapter conforms. For what it's worth, internally we use Kingston or Patriot brand cards: 16GB, Class 4 without issue, so can safely recommend those.

Please do try out one of the Kingston or Patriot brand cards.

Many thanks,

GoPro Support
GoPro Official Store: Wearable Digital Cameras for Sports

What problems are you having with WMM? i can play the video files in both WMP(12) and WMM(2.6 i think). havent tried editing yet.

Ok, Goofed around with a 5 min video. Here is me editing it in WMM 2.6.

I cut out all but 5 mins and went from .mp4 to .wmv
SS1.jpg

After that i put it on my server and used mediacoder (free i think) to convert to .avi
SS2.jpg

File Sizes
SS3.jpg

These are still in 1920x1080 resolution.

SS1.jpg

SS2.jpg

SS3.jpg

What problems are you having with WMM? i can play the video files in both WMP(12) and WMM(2.6 i think). havent tried editing yet.

You are using VISTA (or is that Windows 7) that has WMP 12 and newer version of WMM (not supported by XP) the correct built in codecs I believe, not included in the XP versions (as I understand it).

The WMP I have (11.0) will not play it natively :banghead:

Take notice of the rated card SPEED when you buy a new card I believe that to be as important as the capacity.

Thanks for the card linky!

Good enough excuse for a new 'puter!

Last edited:
Back