Ipod & Iphone users that need to control your device while on your bike, check it!

efiguero

Registered
So when I am on long rides, I usually use my iphone to listen to my music as we ride. Now the problem is, once I start the music and tuck the iphone in my inside jacket pocket I can't mess with it until we stop somewhere. So if I am at a light and a buddy wants to tell me something I can't hear them nor do I have time to take the iphone out, take my gloves off , pause it, then go through the whole process again before the light changes.

So anyhow, this past weekend a buddy had suggested a watch that can control iphones, and low and behold today on woot.com they are offering a Timex watch with wireless iphone (3GS included) or ipod controls for $24.99 plus $5 shipping. I was like what are the odds! I have never used one, but for the price I am willing to try, could be the answer to my problems. So I just wanted to alert any of you that might be in the same situation that woot has them now at a pretty cheap price. Enjoy
Timex_iControl_Ironman_Resin_Strap_WatchozuStandard.jpg

Re: Ipod & Iphone users that need to control your device while on your bike, check it

Nice suggestion, but I did not see one that listed compatibility with the iphone. That is the biggest pain trying to find accessories that work with the iPhone. All the docking stations I normally run into at a decent price never work with the iphone, only the really expensive ones. Sucks.

Re: Ipod & Iphone users that need to control your device while on your bike, check it

Nice suggestion, but I did not see one that listed compatibility with the iphone. That is the biggest pain trying to find accessories that work with the iPhone. All the docking stations I normally run into at a decent price never work with the iphone, only the really expensive ones. Sucks.

just bought one! exactly what i was looking for!!!

THANKS!!

Compatible iPods:

iPod Classic Sixth Generation (80GB, 160GB)
iPod Nano (3rd generation video – 4GB, 8GB)
iPod Touch (8GB, 16GB)
iPod Nano (2nd generation – 2GB, 4GB, 8GB)
iPod (5th generation 30GB, 60GB, 80GB) and iPod Nano (1st generation 1GB, 2GB, 4GB)
iPhone 3G/3GS

Not compatible with:

iPod mini
iPod shuffle
Original iPhone (first generation) <----who has one of these anymore anyways?!?!?!

Those are some great suggestions, I will definately be looking into some of these! Thank you for the heads up!!!:thumbsup:

I might have to grab one of those, beats the hell out of trying to use the voice control through a bluetooth gizmo. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Those are some great suggestions, I will definately be looking into some of these! Thank you for the heads up!!!:thumbsup:

Just a word of warning, woot.com only has these items up for one day or until they sell out. Also if they are selling mutiple colors, some of the more popular colors will sell out before others.

my wife is going to love it.

Hey, I got my watch today, since I really will only use it while I am on the busa, I just wrapped it around the bars and it fit fine. I had to use the last whole on the band, but it is nice and firm. I tried hitting the buttons with my gloves on and it worked like a champ. It does give you the airplane mode warning on the new iphones, but if you just hit "No" it will by pass with no issues and leave the phone in normal mode instead of airplane mode. Now I can control my iphone from the handle bars. Yeah, no more "I can't hear you, I got my music on!" . They are no longer available from woot.com but, I did see them on buy.com for a little more. Enjoy.
Timexipodcontroler.jpg

I thought iPhone had an app for that? :rofl:

Sorry, had to say that

Apple makes these in-ear headphones; $79.

Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

The control capsule located on the cable of the right earpiece includes a microphone and three buttons. Here's what you can do with this convenient remote:*
Adjust volume by pressing the + and - buttons.
Control music and video playback — including play/pause and next/previous — by pressing the center button.
Record voice memos on supported devices.
Answer and end calls.

This accessory is compatible with the following: iPhone 3GS; iPod touch 2nd generation; iPod classic 120GB 160GB (2009); iPod nano 5th generation (video camera); iPod nano 4th generation (video); iPod shuffle 3rd generation

why not just buy a iphone mount on the bike????
dont have one yet but i need one
:laugh:

I thinK you have just show me my 3rd modification besides my tankbra and centerstand.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Thanks, this is a great idea! I've got to get one of those watches, sweet! :thumbsup:

why not just buy a iphone mount on the bike????
dont have one yet but i need one
:laugh:

Cause I can't use the touch screen with my gloves on. Plus I would rather just have the iphone tucked away in my jacket where it is safe. Also, this is just a cheap alternative. I paid under $30 for this, the headphones that were suggested were way more expensive, not only that but I like to have the headphone wires tucked in my jacket as well, so I would not be able to use the controls on those headphones. This is a cheap wireless way to control my the music from my iphone. The main feature is the ability to pause the music so I can hear my buddy asking me something at stop. I am sure there are other options out there, this is just the one I chose because it was cheap and simple.

I just put my iPod on the top of my Icon bag and touch it through the plexi.

How can you guys even hear the music..I tried it once and the wind noise way overpowered the tunes. Guess maybe I need a better helmet perhaps.

Back