DSC00897.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

Next they wanted to see under the hood.
DSC00903.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Then we had to let them drive it
DSC00907.jpg

I love Chicago. They are very friendly.

Okay seriously, we brought the car to an open house out in Chicago and the guy who owns the shop set up a photo shoot. The car is there getting tuned to break the world record for a stock SL65. It is my bosses, I'm not that lucky, although he does let me drive it.:whistle: It was pretty cool.

I would love to see the professional pics from the shoot. not the ones taken here, are they available? and what shop is it at and what world record are they trying to break and if it is just stock why are they tuning it????

wait a second....how can it be tuned, but still be stock? LOL doesnt the act of tuning it make it no longer stock?

wait a second....how can it be tuned, but still be stock? LOL doesnt the act of tuning it make it no longer stock?

that is correct, tuning is needed as a result of a change to air flow or fuel. tuning a stock car is useless.

so what is the world record, and what tune? i work for benz and really am interested!!!:thumbsup:

Its a twin turbo v-12, maybe they mean the record for stock engine and just tuning, or stock turbo or whichever. With a boosted car I'm sure there is power to be found just with tuning and bolt-ons, different fuel, etc. While no longer "stock" the power-plant can be as it came from the factory and have some wildly different numbers.

Oh my goodness! I can only imagine how fun those two would be together! :drooling3: :inlove:

Can I get a lil smacky.....PLEASE? :spank:

:laugh:

Its a twin turbo v-12, maybe they mean the record for stock engine and just tuning, or stock turbo or whichever. With a boosted car I'm sure there is power to be found just with tuning and bolt-ons, different fuel, etc. While no longer "stock" the power-plant can be as it came from the factory and have some wildly different numbers.

possibly, would love to know. we have an sl65 that could probably compete. would love to know the details and what shop!!:thumbsup:

i would assume "stock" would mean NO modifications at all. maybe it is just a baseline dyno?

i really am interested in the "world record" and what that entails, hopefully G-Rom chimes in soon and lets us all know whats up!:cheerleader:

would also LOVE to see the photoshoot pics!!!

Last edited:
Back