Ringing in the ears

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
For 28 years i have had Tinnitus.......Lately it has been so LOUD.
Any other members have this. Been reading about a persons self found cure and going to give it a try. Thnx for any info on this...
This causes me Great Stress to live with..on a side note when i'm banging the mighty Busa through the gears i don't notice it...or rounding a curve with my heart in my throat...No jokes please.. this affliction REALLY Sucks. :banghead:

What is the self-discovered cure that the other person is using? Have you considered trying that?

Try to shock it out, the only time I ever had it was unprotected handgunning, say 357 mag, 44 mag revolvers. Disclaimer: Could make it worse, this is not a medical suggestion. Run a two stroke crosser with a DG pipe, chain saw... Good luck, I self cured migranes by deductive reasoning - lucky. It's the guy with the problem thart has the most motivation... sorry to hear.

Last edited:
tinnitus is not a disease, but a symptom that can be caused by a variety of medical conditions. The best way to find out what's causing your tinnitus is to get a complete physical examination.

Fellow sufferer here for over 30 years (primary cause was horrible infections when I was a child and loads of scarring). It used to be overwhelming but I just learned to tune it out (no pun intended). I also recommend an ENT doc as there may be something else making it worse (infection, fluid buildup, etc.). I'm due to head back in as my hearing has gotten worse in the last couple of years. Good luck and please post up any potential solutions.

Last edited:
Fellow sufferer and would love to hear ( no pun intended ) about your cure. I was told by ENT to cut all caffiene, tobacco, and I forget what else out of my diet. That helps my affliction but does not or has not cured it.

I was just glad I wasn't going crazy, because I had been told that ringing in your ears was a sign of mental illness all my life. :laugh:

I too suffer from tinnitus. It's not pleasant, to say the least. I was prescribed some medication in the past to try and increase the blood flow to the inner ear. Holy cow, the dizziness and flushing was overwhelming. I have hearing loss too and have learned to live with both. I always try to wear ear plugs regardless of which bike I'm riding and usually have some type of "white" noise when going to sleep. That helps to keep the roaring noise in check.

I would be interested in hearing what the "self cure" is too!

Fellow sufferer and would love to hear ( no pun intended ) about your cure. I was told by ENT to cut all caffiene, tobacco, and I forget what else out of my diet. That helps my affliction but does not or has not cured it.

I was just glad I wasn't going crazy, because I had been told that ringing in your ears was a sign of mental illness all my life. :laugh:

no dude, its the voices that we warned you about...

Fellow sufferer here for over 30 years (primary cause was horrible infections when I was a child and loads of scarring). It used to be overwhelming but I just learned to tune it out (no pun intended). I also recommend an ENT doc as there may be something else making it worse (infection, fluid buildup, etc.). I'm due to head back in as my hearing has gotten worse in the last couple of years. Good luck and please post up any potential solutions.

I love your lemon eater quote! Haha.

Hope you all find something to help with the issue you are dealing with..

Try to shock it out, the only time I ever had it was unprotected handgunning, say 357 mag, 44 mag revolvers. Disclaimer: Could make it worse, this is not a medical suggestion. Run a two stroke crosser with a DG pipe, chain saw... Good luck, I self cured migranes by deductive reasoning - lucky. It's the guy with the problem thart has the most motivation... sorry to hear.

I have terrible migraines... :o(

:laugh: Umm, pretty much text book "what NOT to do". :poke:

stupidhappy.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what Tinnitus is by definition, but I have chronic ear ringing. It never stops. Unless there's really loud ambient noise (like a loud concert or something like that) I can hear it. Not really sure what the cause is and I've never talked to a doc about it. Just figured there wasn't any cure for it. My dad has it too. I don't know if it's a genetic thing or not, but I've learned to pretty much tune it out. I mean, I still hear it, but for the most part it doesn't bother me. It is kind of anoying, though.

I have that problem too! I try to protect my hearing even more with ear plugs, when doing anything loud! Some nights its worse then others. Had it for quite awhile, sometimes I dont notice it until I am not focused on anything. Sounds like tv on with the sound on mute!:banghead:

For 28 years i have had Tinnitus.......Lately it has been so LOUD.
Any other members have this. Been reading about a persons self found cure and going to give it a try. Thnx for any info on this...
This causes me Great Stress to live with..on a side note when i'm banging the mighty Busa through the gears i don't notice it...or rounding a curve with my heart in my throat...No jokes please.. this affliction REALLY Sucks. :banghead:

The only thing that helps me is to avoid at all costs complete silence. Sure there's likely some medicine out there that will help a little but likely it rots kidneys and your pecker quits working. Personally, I think we're a pretty damned over medicated society as is, so yeah.... Keep background noise going, and one thing that really helps me is sleeping with a fan running in the room providing just that little bit of white noise.

In complete silence, I will gradually go insane... OK more insane... However, it's so rare that I encounter complete silence that most of time, I forget I have tinnitus.

I hear a high pitch tone screaming in both ears most days. Nothing helps. Nothing makes it more quiet. The only way I can't hear it is crank up the music, or ride with no earplugs. Neither that I like to do much of. I like music, but not loud enough to hurt.

If anyone ever finds a remedy please post it up. It's been 18 years since I went to bed in silence.

Back