Scammers pretending to help the scammed ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I know everyone gets these scam emails but here was a new twist...

:firing: What TURDS they are :

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION UNIT,
IN AFFILIATION WITH WORLD BANK.
Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations
351 East 52nd Street, New York, NY 10022

Our Ref: UN/TH/069011
;

Date: 19/09/2009

RE: COMPENSATION OF US$5,000.000.00

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family? You may not understand why this mail came to you. We have been having a meeting for the past three (3) months which ended yesterday with the secretary to the UNITED NATION. This email is to all the people that have been scammed in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS have agreed to compensate them with the sum of US$5,000.000.00 each and you have to indicate how much you have lost in the hand of scammers.

This includes every foreign contractors, Inheritance and Lottery payment that have not received their Lottery/Inheritance payment, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international Lottery payment that failed due to Government problems etc. We found your name in our list and that is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed.

You are advised to contact Mr James Phillips who is in charge of your compensation payment through our paying center in Asia as he is our representative in Thailand, contact him immediately for your compensation of US$5,000.000.00. This funds have been deposited with UNITED TRUST BANK UNITED KINGDOM for security purpose which they will open an online account on your behalf to enable you transfer your compensation funds online to any account of your choice.

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number your correct mailing address. Contact Mr James Phillips immediately for your compensation payment you can as well call him.

Person to Contact: Mr James Phillips
Email: repjamesphillips100@yahoo.com.hk
Tel: Tel: (66)823221492

Hoping to hear from you as soon as you receive your compensation funds.

United Nations, Making the world a better place.

Regards,

Ban Ki-Moon
Secretary-General

???
Wonder if the phone number is valid~?~ I'd like to say a few things~!~

Ya know if they try to keep you on the line it's probably charging $5 a minute~!~ LoL

Yeah ive gotten emails similar to that as well. My other favorite is the guy who emails me and says "sorry to hear you have been taken by all these scammers. You need to deal with someone legitimate like me to get your inheritance. I will personally send you an ATM card that letd you withdrawl $45,000 a day until your money is gone. Just send me $120 so i can mail out your ATM card...."

Well I was wondering if I just give him my Savings account info If he could just deposit the money in to my accounts for me.

Beware! When confronting scammers it is best to be wary. Don't be like the ostrich who sticks his head in the sand hoping it will pass you by. Be as cunning as a serpent but as harmless as a dove. What am I getting at is the following for I will tell you how I came to my senses. A few years ago I became involved with several scammers. I did not gain any money nor did I lose any except that when I attempted to cash several fake checks. My bank after a time of this closed my account and my email provider froze my email address. When I came to my senses I began to research scams. I ended up writing a self-help guide called 'Scammers Among Us Beware' published by Eloquent Books. This is a how to, how not to, what to do if, and who to contact if. This book is a compilation of data from agencies from the USA, Canada, the UK, and Interpol. You may view and purchase this book on Amazon.com, BN.com, Eloquent Books.com and in bulk at www.aeg-online-store.com -. Don't just take my word for it check it out for it just may save you and yours your bankroll. Scams are everywhere the world over. We need every tool at our disposal if we are to defeat this scourge. Interpol as a few things to say about the UN etc. Thank you.

Leon,

While I know you are trying to help here, any promoting of products or services to the members of this private board needs to be discussed with the owner, captain. He will pass the information on if he feels it is beneficial to everyone.

Maybe we should take up donations for people that have been scammed. I will hold the money and make sure it is given out to those that need it. :rofl:

Some of the people that write these emails must put some real time and effort into writing these emails. Can you imagine if the would put this same effort into something that really mattered what they could do? I also wonder how many people have fallen for these fake emails?

Tell them you work at the US Embassy in Nigeria and they can just hand deliver your check...

Back