? for Jersey Riders

trojan2k

Registered
Do you guys pump your own gas or do you have to let the attendants do it? I'm riding down to Millville for the AMA race tomorrow and would like a heads up. The first time in my car I found out the hard way.

There are gas stations that have people pumping your gas for you? ??? Is there a time warp back to 1958 where you live? :laugh:

I don't know if I feel comfortable with someone putting fluids in any of my vehicles so I would pass personally.

Its the Law in Jersey but Oregon has the same law and they passed where motorcyclists can pump it themselves. I was wondering if it was that way in Jersey.

Nick - I know. I never heard of it before either. Ill be in Vegas next week visiting family. Do they still have the drag strip open to the public on weekends?

yea it's the law but like so many laws in New Jersey it's not enforced or anything. I've never had a gas attendant pump the gas into my bike. Mostly they'll just hand you the pump and you do your thing. :beerchug:

There was a station that the guy must have been a rider because he grabbed a rag to cover the end of the pump to make sure it didn't drip any gas near my bike.

In this part of the world you would be one wierd looking dude if you try and pump your own gas... Tried it once, never again... All eyes on me and felt like I was going to trial after that!

yea it's the law but like so many laws in New Jersey it's not enforced or anything. I've never had a gas attendant pump the gas into my bike. Mostly they'll just hand you the pump and you do your thing. :beerchug:

Right on! DIY and never had an issue because of the law. A lot of the place will hand it to you and the better ones, will actually drain the hose first! If they hassle u, move on to the next

Back