iPhone Users LISTEN up!

KillaX

Registered
Hey Bro's... Been reading for a while but never posted... however, in the last few days I have made a change in my riding that I thought you all would want to know.

Iphone owners can upgrade now to iPhone 3.0 software for free and gain A2DP bluetooth (Stereo) support. What this means is that we can pull out our bluetooth stereo headsets and listen to music, get turn by turn GPS and even answer and initiate calls (if you're into that while you ride:poke:)

I use my Motorola S9 and it works great! I can now listen to my tunes going down the road and require no more than the phone I planned to take anyways. Since the whole system is wireless, the phone remains in pocket or mounting on dash:whistle:

Happy listening.

Was just reading about new helmets with bluetooth built in? I think there called iTune helmets???

Hey Bro's... Been reading for a while but never posted... however, in the last few days I have made a change in my riding that I thought you all would want to know.

Iphone owners can upgrade now to iPhone 3.0 software for free and gain A2DP bluetooth (Stereo) support. What this means is that we can pull out our bluetooth stereo headsets and listen to music, get turn by turn GPS and even answer and initiate calls (if you're into that while you ride:poke:)

I use my Motorola S9 and it works great! I can now listen to my tunes going down the road and require no more than the phone I planned to take anyways. Since the whole system is wireless, the phone remains in pocket or mounting on dash:whistle:

Happy listening.

I have a question for you. How does the headset work with being paired to both your GPS and your iPhone? Can you only use one paired device at a time? Like if you're listening to your music on the iPhone does the GPS directions not work? Also, which S9 are you using? The regular S9 or the S9-HD. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
I have found the IPHONE screen is very hard to use with gloves on. It is body heat activated so if you are riding and want to change a song or something, it may not respond. Has anyone tried to use the screen with riding gloves on?

a) you cannot use the phone with gloves on, just won't happen (and don't be trying it while riding)

b) with OS 3.0 just quickly wiggle the phone a few times. Works even if it's in your pocket. It changes to the next song.

And since everyone has an opinion; get a Scala or Chatterbox and be wireless without ear buds and on any bluetooth compatible phone

Oh yeah, :welcome:

Last edited:
:welcome:
I have the Blackberry Storm through Verizon. It kinda works the same. I do have an Ipod touch which I use for the ride. It works great. I would like to hear my sound through my bluetooth although. Any Strom users on the org.

:welcome:

If you can fit the S9 headset under you helmet, the helmet is way too big. If you're not riding with a helmet please keep your organ donor card updated. JMHO

I have A2DP on both my phones but thought it was more than a software/firmware patch?

have not heard a helmet speaker yet that I like for riding (and especially ones that work for music)...

I finally got my chatterbox "speaker eliminator" lead (paid WAY too much for it and then LiquidySplit goes, Oh I can make that for $4, thanks Milton, just made my day :rofl: ),

Now I can use good earbuds when out running the back roads.. Still can not ride in traffic with the distraction for some reason.. just have to "hear" to feel comfortable..

Last edited:
I'd love to have one of them fancy helmets with wireless speakers but currently have no scratch for one. I always ride with a helmet and yes, its a snug fit :alcoholic:7 with the S9, however, the back of the S9 sticks out of the helmet back right against the pads where it creates no discomfort or safety issue.

As far as GPS and phone pairing, I use my iPhone for both GPS and music so music runs in background while GPS software is on. Again, keeping me to only one device to worry about. :easy:

As far as using the iphone with gloves, I agree that its a real pain in the... neck. :dunno: I haven't found a way to do it so I hit play before I ride and leave my phone untouched. (shake for next song, as mentioned before.) I do have a power button sticking out of my helmet in case I need silence, which I've had to use a couple of times to communicate at stop lights and coming into busier streets.

I really wish I had a way to communicate with other bikers but absolutely no one I ride with has those helmets or tech toys so I would just be talking to myself... again.

Back