6th best day of my LIFE!!!!

Bigfisch

Registered
First I want to say THANK YOU to Scar for the invite, Lamb (we know what happened earlier) and Devil Dog for letting me join the group of SOCAL riders today.

As Scar posted in "Lamb went down" thread....I did leave my place at 3:45 this morning hoping for "just a good day". I rode to the meeting place and waited for Scar and Lamb to show up. Devil Dog showed up first and we had some good conversation and then he got the text that Lamb is down!

So my morning went from ok (I was thawed out by this time) to OH CRAP a brother is down!!! A phone call was made to find out where and how Lamb was. He was just fine :cheerleader: but his bike was not:grim: Shortly after the call, Scar showed up to take us to Lamb and his dead bike. Where we waited for Lambs better half to show up with the truck. That is the low side :poke: of my day. (sorry Lamb I couldnt resist)

After that was all said and done the 3 of us went to Palomar which brother LAW (AKA CHP) was covering so the speeds were not up at all. The good side of that was I was able to watch 2 AWESOME riders attack the turns technically! Devil Dog, I would be proud to take your riding course (if I could).

After one trip up and down Palomar, Devil Dog had family to spend time with, so that left Scar to show me SOCAL back roads. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME DUDE!!!!!! I have never ridden the roads that Scar took me on today and he was very gracious to let me keep up and watch his lines in the turns. I was able to scrape boot 3 times in those turns, which until today I had never done on the 'Busa.

After Scar and I parted ways about 2pm I went and visited some friends and ended up in El Cajon. About 30 miles south of where Scar and I had parted. I left my friends place in El Cajon about 5:20pm and started my ride back home. I stopped for gas and a break and made it back up here to Bakersfield at 10:00pm on the nose. For a total of 619.0 miles on the day!

After the turns and the fun times talking with great guys I am saying this was the 6th best day of my life!
1-marriage to my current wife
2-5 the births of my 4 children
6-TODAY!!!!!!

I can not stop thinking how much fun it was and when I can plan on joining the SOCAL group again. Thank you all for letting me ride with you today!!!

I could only dream of those roads I see in Scar's videos !! Glad you had such a good time !! And from watching those vid's, you were with some VERY good riders, to bad you didn't get to ride with Lamb (going to look for the thread now to see what happened).

It was a helluva day, yo.

I don't even know where to start after all that. I guess I could start with 'you're welcome'...:laugh:

Remember how we told you about RickClemson.com? Well, check these out! You're famous!!! (First three pix are you (2 going up and 1 coming down), then Vinny, then one of me going up and one coming down). Sidenote: Everyone check out Vinny's new paint job!!!

I always enjoy introducing new peeps to our treasures out here. You're a conscientious, capable long-range rider, so you'll fit right in with this crew.

Gimme a call later, and I'll look forward to seeing you in LA this afternoon.

:beerchug:

Derrck.jpg

Derrick2.jpg

Derrick 3.jpg

Vinny.jpg

Scar.jpg

scar 2.jpg

CHP.jpg

Last edited:
glad you had a good time (other than Lamb's unfortunate experience)...you are joining a great group of guys out there :beerchug:

Thanks for sharing that experience.:thumbsup:
Kudos to SCAR and his crew.:bowdown:
I have got to get down there and try those roads.
I was in Foothill Ranch all day and it was nice but nowhere near the scenery you guys enjoyed.
Ride safe and I hope all is well with Lamb.
Bubba

Thanks for sharing that experience.:thumbsup:
Kudos to SCAR and his crew.:bowdown:
I have got to get down there and try those roads.
I was in Foothill Ranch all day and it was nice but nowhere near the scenery you guys enjoyed.
Ride safe and I hope all is well with Lamb.
Bubba

Yeah, Buba...you're a lot closer than Big Fisch...so...gettin' you down here for our next meet/greet would be easy...he can just swing by to retrieve you en route!!!

:cheerleader:

I could only dream of those roads I see in Scar's videos !! Glad you had such a good time !! And from watching those vid's, you were with some VERY good riders, to bad you didn't get to ride with Lamb (going to look for the thread now to see what happened).

Thanks for the props, Kenny!!! :beerchug:

Thanks for all the comments! Rick must have put up the pictures this morning, because it was after midnight that I could finally go to sleep!

racerV- I have seen vid of the Dragon, and it is on my bucket list! I have wanted to ride that since I bought my first bike 9 years ago.

Bubba- Honestly man next time these guys all meet up you have to join! Like Scar said I can swing in and pick you up on my way down. Trust me it will be VERY worth your time. Finding guys of that caliber is very uncommon now a days. I can honestly say "JUST DO IT!"

Vinny- you paint job is SICK!!!! I honestly thought is was a GIXXER 1K when he pulled up until I saw the BUSA under the GSXR. It is beautiful!

Im be on the road again here soon to meet up with you again in LA soon. Thank you again for all the comments.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments! Rick must have put up the pictures this morning, because it was after midnight that I could finally go to sleep!

racerV- I have seen vid of the Dragon, and it is on my bucket list! I have wanted to ride that since I bought my first bike 9 years ago.

Bubba- Honestly man next time these guys all meet up you have to join! Like Scar said I can swing in and pick you up on my way down. Trust me it will be VERY worth your time. Finding guys of that caliber is very uncommon now a days. I can honestly say "JUST DO IT!"

Vinny- you paint job is SICK!!!! I honestly thought is was a GIXXER 1K when he pulled up until I saw the BSA under the GSXR. It is beautiful!

Im be on the road again here soon to meet up with you again in LA soon. Thank you again for all the comments.

Sweet! Ride safe, yo! :beerchug:

We didn't even make the top 5?:poke: Don't get Lamb wrong but you got to spend quality ripping time with the socal crew. LOL! seriouslt, thanks for coming all the way down. The socal guys will ride in your neck of the woods b4 too long, and maybe you'll make our top 6!

Lamb, Scar---If riding up here even MADE your SOCAL guys list it would be awesome!

Lamb- you are one lucky man to have a wife like your! If I lived down there again I think my wife would divorce me for never being home!!! Having a friend that lives close to you so you dont have to ride alone is priceless!

Scar--If you ever figure out how to make the miles pay that you spend riding let me know! I would quit my job and ride all day long with you guys! I think I could convince my wife that it is actually "work"?:rofl:

:rofl:

Heard that!!! :rofl:

You know every time I get in this thread and scroll by that pic of the chippy, my heart stops.

:laugh:

If you need any assistance convincing your wife...I'm in sales, so I could probably help...:rofl:

;)

Back